Author Topic: Missing Catologs  (Read 4940 times)

Offline ajschaefer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Action Sports Pixs
Missing Catologs
« on: May 20, 2020, 05:06:05 PM »
I am using Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 4617 (3eb3787) iMac MacOS version 10.15.4 5K 3.6 8 core i9 w72GB ram.  I have this happen 3 times now.  I open PM Plus and I am missing a entire catalog.  I have the default and Photo current catalogs available.  I had a catalog of NFL photos as a test.  I did in 2019. Did not move the drive or location of those photos.  In the catalog management tab it shows the catalog in Red "Failed to Open Catalog" Still has the folder in location of the drive with catalog.pmdb and proxies folder.   Not sure if i am missing something here 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Missing Catologs
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 05:30:00 PM »
Does your path really have an asterisk in it?

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ajschaefer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Action Sports Pixs
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 05:36:55 PM »
Krik  No * Not sure why that is showing either   I attached the log

Offline ajschaefer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Action Sports Pixs
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 05:38:35 PM »
Also it is on a external drive not sure if that makes a difference either

Offline ajschaefer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Action Sports Pixs
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 05:42:42 PM »
I am going to add a new catalog and re-scan the photos to see if this problem happens again.  Appreciate your thoughts

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 05:47:01 PM »
I am going to add a new catalog and re-scan the photos to see if this problem happens again.  Appreciate your thoughts

What is the actual path to the Jets 2019 folder?  If you're not sure, open up a Terminal window and drag and drop the Jets 2019 folder onto the Terminal window.  It will produce some text.  Copy and paste it here.  The Terminal app is in the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ajschaefer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Action Sports Pixs
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 05:51:12 PM »
Alans-iMac-2:~ alanschaefer$ /Volumes/OWCTB\ C/2019/6\ -\ NY\ Jets

Offline ajschaefer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Action Sports Pixs
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 05:53:51 PM »
I created a new catalog called: Jets2019 currently it is scanning the photos from the folder.  I done this before and after a few days i would get the error I posted earlier.  The photos are on a different drive then where the catalog is located. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 06:03:36 PM »

Can you get me the path that was on the disk named "Action_Sports_Media"?  The one you pasted must be the new one you created?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ajschaefer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Action Sports Pixs
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 06:09:38 AM »
Alans-iMac-2:~ alanschaefer$ /Volumes/Action_Sports_Media/Jets2019   This is where the catalog is located.

This is currently where the photos are located on my external drive

I created a new catalog in re-scanned the photos into that catalog last night   I check this morning and appears to be working.  I will monitor over the next week or so.  Generally I have this issue when not using the program for a couple of days to possibly as long as a week.  Given the lack of Sports work in NY I do not use as much as I would normally would.  I love it so far just want to be sure not me or the program is the issue. The Catalogs is a great addition and once fully vetted will be a game changer.  I already see many opportunities to use this and modify my meta data and ingest process.     

Offline ibgb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 06:28:54 AM »
You might have better luck with the catalog on your main ssd drive. Later versions (10.14) of the OS disconnect my NAS drives after awhile (few days) when it needs resources; but the boot drive must always be there.