Photo Mechanic > Support

how can I remove an imported controlled vocabulary?

(1/3) > >>

judas:
hi
I have imported a controlled vocabulary
may i know where is stored (windows and mac)  and can I remove it?
it's just really huge , there are so many words and i have imported an english controlled vocabulary ,it was a mistake

thanks

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: judas on May 20, 2020, 11:14:10 PM ---I have imported a controlled vocabulary

--- End quote ---

Yes, you can remove it and it will rebuild the sample set of keywords.

On macOS, it is in the following location:

/Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt

The easiest way to get there is to switch to the Finder, and choose "Go to Folder..." on the "Go" menu and enter:

~/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic

A window should open up at that location and you should see the StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt file there.  Drag it to the Trash.

On Windows it should be in this location:

C:\Users\<your user login name>\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\

Depending on your settings, you may not see an AppData folder in your user directory.  It may be hidden.  You can either change your settings to show "Hidden files and folders", or just copy the above path and substitute your username in it and paste it in the navigation bar at the top of any Windows Explorer window.

Once you find the StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt file, delete it.

HTH,

-Kirk

judas:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on May 21, 2020, 08:02:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: judas on May 20, 2020, 11:14:10 PM ---I have imported a controlled vocabulary

--- End quote ---

Yes, you can remove it and it will rebuild the sample set of keywords.

On macOS, it is in the following location:

/Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt

The easiest way to get there is to switch to the Finder, and choose "Go to Folder..." on the "Go" menu and enter:

~/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic

A window should open up at that location and you should see the StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt file there.  Drag it to the Trash.

On Windows it should be in this location:

C:\Users\<your user login name>\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\

Depending on your settings, you may not see an AppData folder in your user directory.  It may be hidden.  You can either change your settings to show "Hidden files and folders", or just copy the above path and substitute your username in it and paste it in the navigation bar at the top of any Windows Explorer window.

Once you find the StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt file, delete it.

HTH,

-Kirk

--- End quote ---
Hi
but this will delete my personal words keys too?
thanks

Kirk Baker:
Yes.  It most definitely will.  If you want to remove entire trees of data that you imported, the file is a simple text file and you can open it with any text editor that understands UTF-8 encoded text.  Find the junk you want to remove, select it, then press the backspace or delete key.  Then save the file.

Before you edit the file, you should back it up (make a copy) and you should also quit Photo Mechanic first.

HTH,

-Kirk

judas:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on May 21, 2020, 08:21:22 AM ---Yes.  It most definitely will.  If you want to remove entire trees of data that you imported, the file is a simple text file and you can open it with any text editor that understands UTF-8 encoded text.  Find the junk you want to remove, select it, then press the backspace or delete key.  Then save the file.

Before you edit the file, you should back it up (make a copy) and you should also quit Photo Mechanic first.

HTH,

-Kirk

--- End quote ---
hi
something doesn't work , i have imported the comtrolled vocabulary via structure keywords but when I open keywords panel and start to type for example hom ,it doesn't happen anything , even in my controlled vocabulary there lots of workds like home
pm6 doesn't suggest any word ,even i have imported my vocabulary , I run the last build
should suggest home for example?
what's wrong?
thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version