Author Topic: PM+ has lost my catalogues and keywords snapshots etc., help, what has happened?  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Henry Gilbey

• View Profile
Kirk, not sure if I have done something wrong here, but I sat down to use PM+ this morning, clicked CMD+K as per usual and all my carefully set up and vital to me Keywords Snapshots have gone. I click on Manage Snapshots and they aren't in Finder and I have to assume that PM+ has gone and deleted them.

They are not lost because I can grab them in Time Machine, but why on has PM+ done this? I notice that all my Copy Options snapshots have disappeared as well, plus file renaming snapshots etc.

PM+ has also decided to lose or not "see" my catalogues I had set up and which were working just fine yesterday.

I have customised PM+ to look a certain way and all that has been lost and it's reset to what I presume is the default, after I quit and then restarted it.

I closed down PM+ and instead I opened up PM6, and I notice that this has also reverted to what I presume are the default settings, plus all my snapshots aren't there either.

Is this my fault? Have I done something wrong here? Everything was working just fine yesterday, but now I am going to have to scan my image catalogues all over again, go and grab all the various snapshots and reload them and so on.

Help, please!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Henry,

Kirk, not sure if I have done something wrong here, but I sat down to use PM+ this morning, clicked CMD+K as per usual and all my carefully set up and vital to me Keywords Snapshots have gone. I click on Manage Snapshots and they aren't in Finder and I have to assume that PM+ has gone and deleted them.

They are not lost because I can grab them in Time Machine, but why on has PM+ done this? I notice that all my Copy Options snapshots have disappeared as well, plus file renaming snapshots etc.

There is no code in Photo Mechanic or Photo Mechanic Plus that deletes snapshots.  Our app only has options to create/load/manage snapshots.

PM+ has also decided to lose or not "see" my catalogues I had set up and which were working just fine yesterday.

I have customised PM+ to look a certain way and all that has been lost and it's reset to what I presume is the default, after I quit and then restarted it.

I closed down PM+ and instead I opened up PM6, and I notice that this has also reverted to what I presume are the default settings, plus all my snapshots aren't there either.

Is this my fault? Have I done something wrong here? Everything was working just fine yesterday, but now I am going to have to scan my image catalogues all over again, go and grab all the various snapshots and reload them and so on.

It sounds like to me that something has restored a previous backup of the com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic folder which contains all of the preferences/snapshots/etc.

PM does not backup/restore an entire folder of preferences.  It does not have that capability.

Something strange has happened on your system.  I can't tell you what it is, but I'd be hard pressed to believe that it was Photo Mechanic Plus that did this.

-Kirk

Offline Henry Gilbey

• View Profile
Thanks as always Kirk, kind of you to get back to me............

I haven't got a clue what has happened this end then, I am trying to get my image libraries scanned again but I have forgotten how I did it the first time around with PM+

Are there any basic instructions for getting started with catalogues in PM+?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Thanks as always Kirk, kind of you to get back to me............

I haven't got a clue what has happened this end then, I am trying to get my image libraries scanned again but I have forgotten how I did it the first time around with PM+

Are there any basic instructions for getting started with catalogues in PM+?

The ReadMe file that came with the disk image has a primer near the end.

-Kirk