Photo Mechanic > Support

Google Image License Metadata and IPTC Panel

(1/1)

FairfieldPhoto:
I am following Google's Image License Metadata project (currently beta).  They are using several IPTC fields to indicate that image owners can fill out to indicate the image is available for licensing/sale and a link to licensing terms.  Read Google's info here:

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/image-license-metadata.

I can only assume for the moment that "Website" in the IPTC panel refers to the IPTC "Web Statement of Rights", but I can't be sure.  To make this evolving Google Search feature work, this field requires a valid value.

I am unable to find "Licensor"/"Licensor URL" IPTC fields in the PM IPTC Pane, but I was able to find it in the Photoshop "File Info..." menu option under IPTC Extension.

Are these fields currently supported in PM and just labeled differently than "standard" or could these be added in the future.  I have projects where I would like the to have the images tagged as licensable when they get indexed by Google Images.

Thanks!
-Mike

Kirk Baker:
Mike,

--- Quote from: FairfieldPhoto on May 22, 2020, 07:43:30 AM ---I am following Google's Image License Metadata project (currently beta).  They are using several IPTC fields to indicate that image owners can fill out to indicate the image is available for licensing/sale and a link to licensing terms.  Read Google's info here:

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/image-license-metadata.

I can only assume for the moment that "Website" in the IPTC panel refers to the IPTC "Web Statement of Rights", but I can't be sure.  To make this evolving Google Search feature work, this field requires a valid value.

I am unable to find "Licensor"/"Licensor URL" IPTC fields in the PM IPTC Pane, but I was able to find it in the Photoshop "File Info..." menu option under IPTC Extension.

Are these fields currently supported in PM and just labeled differently than "standard" or could these be added in the future.  I have projects where I would like the to have the images tagged as licensable when they get indexed by Google Images.
--- End quote ---

You have to get the latest build of PM6.  You'll have to customize your Metadata Info and Metadata Template layouts to add the new "Licensors" feature.  It will create a new button in your list of fields.  When you click that button you will get a new dialog to enter the new fields for Licensors.  They can be bulk applied with the Metadata Template.

HTH,

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version