Author Topic: Index Variable for Rename  (Read 1834 times)

Offline cparen3

• Newcomer
  • LSU Athletics Director of Photography
    • View Profile
Index Variable for Rename
« on: May 25, 2020, 04:39:35 PM »
I've been looking at trying to use {index} and {total} as variables for rename but had no luck. It seems to not allow it, even though that would generate different file names. Would it be possible to get that allowed?

Photo attached for reference.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Index Variable for Rename
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 09:14:46 PM »
I've been looking at trying to use {index} and {total} as variables for rename but had no luck. It seems to not allow it, even though that would generate different file names. Would it be possible to get that allowed?

Photo attached for reference.

Those are meant to be used for printing.  Wouldn't a sequence number be good enough?  001-nnn?  {seqn} is the variable.

-Kirk

Offline cparen3

• Newcomer
  • LSU Athletics Director of Photography
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 05:08:55 PM »
I was hoping to use that for an easy reset of the sequence. I use the seqn variable for ongoing number basis on things but also need a simple 1 of 24 or such ability. That's why I was hoping to use this.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 06:18:54 PM »
I was hoping to use that for an easy reset of the sequence. I use the seqn variable for ongoing number basis on things but also need a simple 1 of 24 or such ability. That's why I was hoping to use this.

Feel free to make a feature request: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/discussions/forums/48000071283

-Kirk