Author Topic: PM5 : difference between "Edit" and "Edit With" function [see jpg]  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Jan Normandale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I have changed my preferences for editing images in PM5 from CS5/Photoshop to Affinity Photo when looking at contact sheets. I recently paid attention to the commands in the drop down menu of PM5 and notice there is also an "edit photo with" function. I have attached a self explanatory jpg showing the drop down menu. When I select the "edit" function the image opens with Affinity. When I select the "edit with" function it again offers Affinity.

My question is: can it be arranged that I can open "edit photo" and go to Affinity and  have the "edit with" function open Photoshop?

Occasionally there are functions in PS that aren't available in Affinity and I'd like to be able to access the choice of PS from inside Photo Mechanic.

thanks!

Jan

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: PM5 : difference between "Edit" and "Edit With" function [see jpg]
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 01:08:10 PM »
Yes, in your Launching PReferences click the "Set..." button to "Assign specific editing applications for each file type:" and then either choose a file type that will launch with PhotoShop, or Choose one of the Custom Editors. Whatever you add in this view will be added to the 'Edit with...' list.

Offline Jan Normandale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM5 : difference between "Edit" and "Edit With" function [see jpg]
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 05:18:29 AM »
ahoward,

thanks, I'll try that and confirm when I've got it 'right'

the help's appreciated

Jan

UPDATED 2020 05 26 : the preferences selection process did the job. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 09:50:33 PM by Jan Normandale »