Author Topic: UI for Filters  (Read 1749 times)

Offline dbreslauer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
UI for Filters
« on: May 25, 2020, 08:32:31 AM »
Macbook Pro 10.15.4
15-Inch 2018
32 GB RAM
Build 4705

organize the meta data fields in search better. The one lone scrollable list is TOOO long, and having them alphabetized works, but having them prepended with IPTC makes looking through the list a chore. Would be nice to have those broken up into twist downs so sections you don’t care about, may be closed.  So group EXIF, and group IPTC and if you feel the need to break up IPTC you could do that, but having to look at IPTC/Location (Legacy)/Country is a lot to look at when all i really want to do is search the country field.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: UI for Filters
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »
Macbook Pro 10.15.4
15-Inch 2018
32 GB RAM
Build 4705

organize the meta data fields in search better. The one lone scrollable list is TOOO long, and having them alphabetized works, but having them prepended with IPTC makes looking through the list a chore. Would be nice to have those broken up into twist downs so sections you don’t care about, may be closed.  So group EXIF, and group IPTC and if you feel the need to break up IPTC you could do that, but having to look at IPTC/Location (Legacy)/Country is a lot to look at when all i really want to do is search the country field.

Understood.  I will be attempting to solve this problem (it doesn't have this problem on Windows) soon.

-Kirk