Author Topic: Can`t save some Preferences PM5 and 6  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Slon619

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can`t save some Preferences PM5 and 6
« on: May 21, 2020, 03:50:27 PM »
Hello.

On my mac i have problem with saving preferences. with demos of PM5 and PM6

I choose Lightroom as default app to develop images, than everything works well, but
when i close PM and then open it again I always need to set app to develop. Why i can`t save preferences, may be there is some
secrets? Trying in OS Sierra and also OS Catalina

Second one is close to first.

I can`t use code replacements:
1. I`ve made file and also tried files of my colleagues which must works great (they use it i saw)
2. open app, choose edit -...- set code replacements, add a text file (i can see it in a field) press OK, but it doesn`t work when i use codes
(if go to edit-... -set code replacements again i see absolute empty field with no files )

one more (i found a liitle solution to save app to edit) in the field when you can choose a program to each type of files, when i am choosing lightroom for jpegs it works always and do not reset

Please help me.

Regards, Sergei

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can`t save some Preferences PM5 and 6
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 08:48:02 PM »
Sergei,

On my mac i have problem with saving preferences. with demos of PM5 and PM6

I choose Lightroom as default app to develop images, than everything works well, but
when i close PM and then open it again I always need to set app to develop. Why i can`t save preferences, may be there is some
secrets? Trying in OS Sierra and also OS Catalina

Second one is close to first.

I can`t use code replacements:
1. I`ve made file and also tried files of my colleagues which must works great (they use it i saw)
2. open app, choose edit -...- set code replacements, add a text file (i can see it in a field) press OK, but it doesn`t work when i use codes
(if go to edit-... -set code replacements again i see absolute empty field with no files )

one more (i found a liitle solution to save app to edit) in the field when you can choose a program to each type of files, when i am choosing lightroom for jpegs it works always and do not reset

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Slon619

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 12:48:12 AM »
Here it is. Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 08:59:57 AM »
Sergei,

Thank you.  Some how your preferences database has been corrupted.  I'll show you how to delete it.  It will be created again and then your preferences should persist.

First quit PM5/PM6.
Then in the Finder use the "Go to Folder..." command on the "Go" menu.
Enter: ~/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic
In the Finder window that appears, look for and delete the following files:

com.camerabits.PhotoMechanicQuick.prefs
com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefs
com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefsdb
com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefsdb.bak

Now start up Photo Mechanic and try setting some preferences.  They should now be saved and the next time you start up, they should be restored.

-Kirk

Offline Slon619

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 09:34:59 AM »
Thanks a lot, everything works as swiss wathces now!

Regards,

Sergei