Author Topic: how can I remove an imported controlled vocabulary?  (Read 4059 times)

Offline judas

• View Profile
how can I remove an imported controlled vocabulary?
« on: May 20, 2020, 11:14:10 PM »
hi
I have imported a controlled vocabulary
may i know where is stored (windows and mac)  and can I remove it?
it's just really huge , there are so many words and i have imported an english controlled vocabulary ,it was a mistake

thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: how can I remove an imported controlled vocabulary?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 08:02:49 AM »

Yes, you can remove it and it will rebuild the sample set of keywords.

On macOS, it is in the following location:

/Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt

The easiest way to get there is to switch to the Finder, and choose "Go to Folder..." on the "Go" menu and enter:

~/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic

A window should open up at that location and you should see the StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt file there.  Drag it to the Trash.

On Windows it should be in this location:

C:\Users\<your user login name>\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\

Depending on your settings, you may not see an AppData folder in your user directory.  It may be hidden.  You can either change your settings to show "Hidden files and folders", or just copy the above path and substitute your username in it and paste it in the navigation bar at the top of any Windows Explorer window.

Once you find the StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt file, delete it.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 08:12:33 AM »

Yes, you can remove it and it will rebuild the sample set of keywords.

On macOS, it is in the following location:

/Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt

The easiest way to get there is to switch to the Finder, and choose "Go to Folder..." on the "Go" menu and enter:

~/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic

A window should open up at that location and you should see the StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt file there.  Drag it to the Trash.

On Windows it should be in this location:

C:\Users\<your user login name>\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\

Depending on your settings, you may not see an AppData folder in your user directory.  It may be hidden.  You can either change your settings to show "Hidden files and folders", or just copy the above path and substitute your username in it and paste it in the navigation bar at the top of any Windows Explorer window.

Once you find the StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt file, delete it.

HTH,

-Kirk
Hi
but this will delete my personal words keys too?
thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 08:21:22 AM »
Yes.  It most definitely will.  If you want to remove entire trees of data that you imported, the file is a simple text file and you can open it with any text editor that understands UTF-8 encoded text.  Find the junk you want to remove, select it, then press the backspace or delete key.  Then save the file.

Before you edit the file, you should back it up (make a copy) and you should also quit Photo Mechanic first.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 02:21:49 AM »
Yes.  It most definitely will.  If you want to remove entire trees of data that you imported, the file is a simple text file and you can open it with any text editor that understands UTF-8 encoded text.  Find the junk you want to remove, select it, then press the backspace or delete key.  Then save the file.

Before you edit the file, you should back it up (make a copy) and you should also quit Photo Mechanic first.

HTH,

-Kirk
hi
something doesn't work , i have imported the comtrolled vocabulary via structure keywords but when I open keywords panel and start to type for example hom ,it doesn't happen anything , even in my controlled vocabulary there lots of workds like home
pm6 doesn't suggest any word ,even i have imported my vocabulary , I run the last build
should suggest home for example?
what's wrong?
thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 09:01:18 AM »

something doesn't work , i have imported the comtrolled vocabulary via structure keywords but when I open keywords panel and start to type for example hom ,it doesn't happen anything , even in my controlled vocabulary there lots of workds like home
pm6 doesn't suggest any word ,even i have imported my vocabulary , I run the last build

Please post a screen shot of your Autocomplete settings.

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 09:52:49 AM »

Please post a screen shot of your Autocomplete settings.

-Kirk
hi
here my settings

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »
And how many letters have you set it to need when you type?  (you cut off that part from your screenshot.)
That last checkbox only allows completions from the list of words for that field.  This will decrease the possibilities of autocompletion.  You may want to turn it off if you want to be able to access all of the possible completions from any field.

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 10:56:18 AM »
And how many letters have you set it to need when you type?  (you cut off that part from your screenshot.)
That last checkbox only allows completions from the list of words for that field.  This will decrease the possibilities of autocompletion.  You may want to turn it off if you want to be able to access all of the possible completions from any field.

-Kirk
hi
4 letters sorry for the screenshot
but does auto complete work on keyword panel too?
to import the vocabulary ,i have import in structure keywords like the screenshot
under windows i haven't the option of the letters

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 01:06:38 PM »

If you have it wait for four letters and you type 'home', then only words that start with 'home' and are longer than 4 letters are going to autocomplete.  I'd choose fewer letters.

Autocomplete works in the Metadata dialogs.  It does not work in the Keywords panel.

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 10:06:05 PM »

If you have it wait for four letters and you type 'home', then only words that start with 'home' and are longer than 4 letters are going to autocomplete.  I'd choose fewer letters.

Autocomplete works in the Metadata dialogs.  It does not work in the Keywords panel.

-Kirk
hi
tha'ts a pity , it's very fast keytagging with the keywords panel , would be great have the possibility even to dock it
thanks Kirk