Author Topic: Could you add one more command to the Open Dialog in Nav  (Read 8184 times)

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
Could you add one more command to the Open Dialog in Nav
« on: April 17, 2007, 10:10:20 AM »
Hey Kirk.

I like the new feature of being able to open a parent folder and all of the subfolders with the new navigator command.  Would it possible to add one more command in the upcoming fix/release?   You can open on parent with subfolders now, but if you have a second you have to go to each folder individually to add the next group to a single contact sheet.  Could you add "Open Folder and Subfolder in Current Contact Sheet" please?

Thanks,
~W

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Could you add one more command to the Open Dialog in Nav
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »
I like the new feature of being able to open a parent folder and all of the subfolders with the new navigator command.  Would it possible to add one more command in the upcoming fix/release?   You can open on parent with subfolders now, but if you have a second you have to go to each folder individually to add the next group to a single contact sheet.  Could you add "Open Folder and Subfolder in Current Contact Sheet" please?

What you're saying sounds more like a bug to me.  Can you show me an example of a folder hierarchy and what you're trying to accomplish?  I don't understand the part where you say "but if you have a second you have to go to each folder individually to add the next group to a single contact sheet."  That doesn't sound right to me.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 04:06:35 PM »
Hi Kirk.

I hope this make sense below.  I am using XP sp2 FYI.

I have the following folders that I want to have in one contact sheet:

Wrestling
  - 021407 Illinois v Iowa
  - 021907 Ohio vs Marist
  - 022507 Pensacola vs TexAM

Dance
  - 031207 Manteno
  - 031207 Blue Jay Invite
  - 032207 Marlin Madness

------------------------------------------------------------------
If I open the Navigator and right click on the wrestling folder, I'll select the command that says "Open Folder and Subfolder in New Contact Sheet".  That works perfect!   It will open all three folders in the contact sheet just fine.

Now I need to add the dance folder and subfolder contents to the same contact sheet.  To that, based on the commands available, I have to highlight the first folder in the category, right click and select "Add to current contact sheet".    Then repeat this step for each category until I'm done.  This command will not add subfolders for the selected directory.

What I was suggesting was a command so that we could instead right click on dance and insert the contents of that folder and subfolders into the current contact sheet.  Hope this make sense.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »

Wrestling
  - 021407 Illinois v Iowa
  - 021907 Ohio vs Marist

Dance
  - 031207 Manteno
  - 031207 Blue Jay Invite
  - 032207 Marlin Madness

If I open the Navigator and right click on the wrestling folder, I'll select the command that says "Open Folder and Subfolder in New Contact Sheet".  That works perfect!   It will open all three folders in the contact sheet just fine.

Now I need to add the dance folder and subfolder contents to the same contact sheet.  To that, based on the commands available, I have to highlight the first folder in the category, right click and select "Add to current contact sheet".    Then repeat this step for each category until I'm done.  This command will not add subfolders for the selected directory.

What I was suggesting was a command so that we could instead right click on dance and insert the contents of that folder and subfolders into the current contact sheet.  Hope this make sense.

Yes it does make sense now.  I think that would be useful.  I can't however put it into the first update to 4.5 since time is of the essence here.

-Kirk

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 05:42:25 PM »

Wrestling
  - 021407 Illinois v Iowa
  - 021907 Ohio vs Marist

Dance
  - 031207 Manteno
  - 031207 Blue Jay Invite
  - 032207 Marlin Madness

Yes it does make sense now.  I think that would be useful.  I can't however put it into the first update to 4.5 since time is of the essence here.

-Kirk

No problem.  I was going to buy another year's license anyways, so I can wait.  Thanks for everything.

Cheers,
~ W

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 03:35:15 PM »
Hi Kirk,
Any chance this feature we talked about a while ago will be in the next update?  I was hoping you would still be able to option to "Add folder and subfolders to current contact sheet" option to the menu commands.  Noticed it wasn't in the latest release and thought I'd ask about it again.

Thanks!
~ W

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 04:53:32 PM »
Any chance this feature we talked about a while ago will be in the next update?  I was hoping you would still be able to option to "Add folder and subfolders to current contact sheet" option to the menu commands.  Noticed it wasn't in the latest release and thought I'd ask about it again.

I hope there won't be another update to 4.5.  I need to get started on 4.6.

If you have made a request, please try the betas and if you see something hasn't been added that you asked for, let me know and if I plan to add it, I'll let you know.  Sometimes requests fall through the cracks...

-Kirk