Author Topic: keywords  (Read 4657 times)

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
keywords
« on: June 06, 2020, 06:53:18 AM »
I have a bunch of flat legacy keywords and a newer set of hierarchical ones. is ther any way to move the flat one up into the subdivisions of the hierarchical ones?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: keywords
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 10:06:52 AM »
I have a bunch of flat legacy keywords and a newer set of hierarchical ones. is ther any way to move the flat one up into the subdivisions of the hierarchical ones?

I can't picture what you're asking for.  Could you possibly illustrate with an annotated screenshot?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 02:48:34 PM »
as an example, I attached a list of keywords, both the one that are hierarchial and those that are flat. I want to rearrange them so all are hierarchial. Also, now when I create a new hiearchial keyword it is not showing up in the keyword list. The keyword was baby carriage

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 02:57:05 PM »
Jed,

as an example, I attached a list of keywords, both the one that are hierarchial and those that are flat. I want to rearrange them so all are hierarchial. Also, now when I create a new hiearchial keyword it is not showing up in the keyword list. The keyword was baby carriage

Change the hierarchy in the files and they should become hierarchical in the Keywords tree.  The list just reflects the layout of the metadata in the files themselves.  You cannot manipulate it directly.

As for your new hierarchical keyword not showing up, if you quit Photo Mechanic Plus and start it again, does your new keyword show up?

-Kirk

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 05:18:47 PM »
I tried that and unfortunately I could not find the keyword "baby carriage". do I need to restart the mac?

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 05:45:25 PM »
The child keyword "baby carriage" show up in LR keywords just not in PM 6+. If have attached several screen shots.

jed

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 05:08:46 PM »
Jed,

The child keyword "baby carriage" show up in LR keywords just not in PM 6+. If have attached several screen shots.

Since your keyword is hierarchical, you'll need to look for it in the "Structures & Architecture" sub-tree in Photo Mechanic Plus.

-Kirk

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 11:46:32 AM »
Is there a way to hide the flat keywords so only the hierarchical ones are displayed?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 12:15:03 PM »
Is there a way to hide the flat keywords so only the hierarchical ones are displayed?

No.

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 01:14:45 PM »
Thank you very much.

Jed