Author Topic: not identifying problematic image  (Read 1975 times)

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
not identifying problematic image
« on: June 23, 2020, 08:25:19 AM »
I am trying to change the color labels to none on 6576 images. The process stops saying there is an issue with a file but does not identify the image.How can I find the image when all have different names and the naming convention has been changed over the years.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: not identifying problematic image
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 09:36:14 AM »
I am trying to change the color labels to none on 6576 images. The process stops saying there is an issue with a file but does not identify the image.How can I find the image when all have different names and the naming convention has been changed over the years.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 10:16:34 AM »
Here is the file

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 11:18:37 AM »
Jed,

Here is the file

Thanks.  I sent you a personal message with the filenames that I think are causing the problem.

-Kirk

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 01:06:32 PM »
Hi Kirk,

thank for that information. I deleted that folder and still got the error message. I have attached the new log. Would converting some of these to dng help?

Jed

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 02:54:35 PM »
Jed,

thank for that information. I deleted that folder and still got the error message. I have attached the new log. Would converting some of these to dng help?

I don't see any filenames listed.

You could try selecting the first half of the images and see if it works, then select the second half and see if it works, dividing each half into a smaller half until you find the image that is the culprit.  (it's a binary search)

Of course, you shouldn't have to do that and the error should display the name of the file that is causing the problem.  This needs improvement.

But, based on the message, it's likely an item that is referenced by your catalog that no longer exists at its original location.

-Kirk