Author Topic: Renaming of raw files while using CaptureOne  (Read 1804 times)

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
Renaming of raw files while using CaptureOne
« on: June 27, 2020, 08:02:59 AM »
I normally like to do any renaming of files using PM. It is so brilliant for this! However, once I do any adjustments in CaptureOne I find if I change the name in PM that CaptureOne loses my adjustments. I assume this has to do with CaptureOne changing the side files to match the new file name? Is there any setting that would allow PM to also keep these names in sync or should I continue to rename in CaptureOne under this circumstance?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Renaming of raw files while using CaptureOne
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 08:24:37 AM »
I normally like to do any renaming of files using PM. It is so brilliant for this! However, once I do any adjustments in CaptureOne I find if I change the name in PM that CaptureOne loses my adjustments. I assume this has to do with CaptureOne changing the side files to match the new file name? Is there any setting that would allow PM to also keep these names in sync or should I continue to rename in CaptureOne under this circumstance?

I think C1 keeps its settings in a subfolder of the folder containing the image and if that data isn't also renamed then you'll lose your settings.  Renaming in C1 is the only solution.

-Kirk

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
Re: Renaming of raw files while using CaptureOne
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 03:29:12 PM »
Kirk, thanks for confirming. Oh well, I was hoping but not expecting.