Author Topic: PM variable derived from PC  (Read 1894 times)

Offline martink

• View Profile
PM variable derived from PC
« on: June 22, 2020, 10:46:59 AM »
Hi,
Could I return to a question that I asked back in March last year when you were involved in launching PM 6 and PhotoMechanic Plus was just emerging?
Is there a way of extracting any data that relates to the user of a machine - the logged-on username would be good, a unique machine ID would work, or you might be able to suggest an alternative - that could be passed across and used as a Photomechanic variable ?
Many thanks for your help.
Martin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM variable derived from PC
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 12:55:54 PM »
Martin,

Could I return to a question that I asked back in March last year when you were involved in launching PM 6 and PhotoMechanic Plus was just emerging?
Is there a way of extracting any data that relates to the user of a machine - the logged-on username would be good, a unique machine ID would work, or you might be able to suggest an alternative - that could be passed across and used as a Photomechanic variable ?

There is no such variable in Photo Mechanic at this time.

But you can create your own variable by entering a number or a name in the User/Client Variables dialog.  There is a whole host of fields describing the user and there are three custom fields (User1, User2, and User3) that you can use in any way that you like.  You can set these values by accessing the dialog by going to the Edit menu, and choosing Set User/Client Variables... from the Settings submenu.  (Edit->Settings->Set User/Client Variables...)

If you want to put some sort of machine ID in there, you're welcome to do so.  They correspond to {usercustom1}, {usercustom2}, and {usercustom3}.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline martink

• View Profile
Re: PM variable derived from PC
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 04:46:14 AM »
Many thanks for highlighting those: I will see how I can use them.  Martin