Author Topic: Folder tree not loading/expanding  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
Folder tree not loading/expanding
« on: July 02, 2020, 06:42:39 AM »
DELL XPS15, i9, 32GB
Win 10 Home 1809
PM6 4538

Hello!

I'm wondering if there's a setup condition that might cause this issue.

I often find the folder tree doesn't appear in the navigator, or refuses to expand, from startup.

This afternoon's process:

1) Start PM6, I can see "Desktop" and the expand "+" option to its left but clicking to expand it is having no effect (attached image 1). It's been three or four minutes since the programme loaded and it's not responding. The programme itself is functioning, I can use menu items, just can't use the navigator.

2) Restarted PM6. The Desktop folder again wasn't automatically expanded (I think that's default) but I was able to click to expand Desktop, however I cannot click to expand any folder within (trying to get to "This PC" where I can select drives to browse but none will expand beyond this (attached image 2). About five minutes later one folder did expand but I could not freely expand or collapse any folders in the tree at this point either.

3) Just restarted PM6 again. First level of the folder tree opened expanded (I think this is the default behaviour) but I couldn't collapse beyond that for about 30 seconds. Now I can and it works freely.

How/when this happens seems to be related to the order I plug in card readers and cards. If I unplug connected card readers that appears to get things working normally again.

Sometimes when the problem occurs I find switching the sort mode back and forth enables the folder tree to expand freely.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Folder tree not loading/expanding
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 10:43:07 AM »
For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888