Photo Mechanic > Support

Image rotation

(1/2) > >>

wallynell:
I am running the latest Photomechanic version 6.0 (build 4851) on a Windows 10 laptop; and I have an issue where a scanned image shows as landscape format. I then use the PM tool to rotate to vertical, but when I exit PM, and open it up again, it reverts back to the landscape format.
How can I get it to stay 'rotated' to vertical?
I see there has been some issues before. Just seeing if I missed anything.
Much thanks.

Kirk Baker:
Wally,

--- Quote from: wallynell on July 08, 2020, 02:31:02 PM ---I am running the latest Photomechanic version 6.0 (build 4851) on a Windows 10 laptop; and I have an issue where a scanned image shows as landscape format. I then use the PM tool to rotate to vertical, but when I exit PM, and open it up again, it reverts back to the landscape format.
How can I get it to stay 'rotated' to vertical?
I see there has been some issues before. Just seeing if I missed anything.

--- End quote ---

What format is the image?  You can always save it as a new image.  Basically, it sounds like the image has no orientation tag and since it doesn't exist, it can't be adjusted and have it persist.

-Kirk

David Roth:
I am having similar problems with the latest PM version. I used the apply rotation command, {alt}R, on several selected photos, but it only appears to work on one. The soft rotation indicators are still on in some of the selected photos. If I go back to select and correct one photo, those previously selected are rotated a 2nd time. This may not be exactly what is happening since I can't figure out exactly what is going on. I've had to go back and apply rotation to each individual image until it is correct. I used to be able to select a group of photos that included both soft-rotated ones and non-rotated ones, apply rotation, {alt}R, and all the soft rotated ones were handled correctly. I did read in the release notes that something was done to the apply rotation command, but I am now unclear on how to use it now.

David Roth:
An update on what is happening. I applied soft rotation to three images. The images were selected and Apply Rotation {alt}r was invoked. The result was that the three images were rotated one more time and the soft rotation arrows were still visible. I used the soft rotation tool to reverse the rotation back to where they should be and the soft rotation indicators went away; leaving the images oriented the way I wanted them. So, it appears that the problem is with the Apply Rotation command.

Kirk Baker:
David,

--- Quote from: David Roth on July 10, 2020, 02:20:26 PM ---An update on what is happening. I applied soft rotation to three images. The images were selected and Apply Rotation {alt}r was invoked. The result was that the three images were rotated one more time and the soft rotation arrows were still visible. I used the soft rotation tool to reverse the rotation back to where they should be and the soft rotation indicators went away; leaving the images oriented the way I wanted them. So, it appears that the problem is with the Apply Rotation command.

--- End quote ---

What is this "Apply Rotation" command?  Did you use the "Apply Rotation to JPEGs" command on the Tools menu?

Please give me a list of steps that reproduces the problem.  If you can share an image that helps us solve the problem, please include it.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your image file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version