Author Topic: Permission Issue on server after using INGEST BOX to create files and Folders  (Read 3760 times)

Offline evevansoens

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Dear all
A previous topic on this was already open http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=11988.msg58580;topicseen#msg58580

with no answer so far.
I use PM professionally.
Version 6 build 3558 on MAC OS 10.15.5 Catalina

We've added some automation in INGEST processes, meaning that we are creating folders based on XMP data (Metadata tempate) and auto renaming (also based on Metadata template

Issue is our files (RAW and JPG) are not readable on our server.
I can see them in Finder as files but, in PM, they appear with empty thumbnails.
PM loads forever and nothing.

Then, If I want to move the files elsewhere "Items cannot be copied to "Desktop" because you don't have permission to read them."

Also, I used to have the issue mentioned in post presented above.
Update of PM solved the issue.

But now, My import procedure to rename files and create folders does NOT WORK.

My question where and how do I remove the file permissions ?
Did not find it anywhere in the Preferences ?

Thank you

Regards
Eve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Eve,

A previous topic on this was already open http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=11988.msg58580;topicseen#msg58580

with no answer so far.
I use PM professionally.
Version 6 build 3558 on MAC OS 10.15.5 Catalina

First I suggest updating your Photo Mechanic 6 version.  Yours is quite old.  If the problem persists after updating, please post a reply on this thread.

The current latest build is here: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13425.0

-Kirk

Offline evevansoens

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Dear Kirk,

I am currently working with Version 6 build 3558 afa 5073

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Eve,

I am currently working with Version 6 build 3558 afa 5073

Would you please update to the latest build and let me know if the problem persists?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline evevansoens

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Dear Kirk,
We did update to 4851 and all was working fine.

Unfortunately today, we deployed another server in another office and we faced the same issue, that is an error when cmd+y (copy) files from one server to the other.
The version 6 built 4538 was used on new machines (we had missed a PM update or 2). We then decided to upgrade to 5029 because the update had fixed the issue in the past. No luck this time.
Since the issue remained, we decided to downgrade back to 4851.
This 4851 built did work on our servers and iMacs deployed 3 or 4 months ago and it still does works.
The point is when we add iMacs to the network (with the same config) we tend to get permission errors.
Can you guarantee PM DOES NOT add any restriction/permissions on copied or saved files?
Thank you
Regards

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Dear Kirk,
We did update to 4851 and all was working fine.

Unfortunately today, we deployed another server in another office and we faced the same issue, that is an error when cmd+y (copy) files from one server to the other.
The version 6 built 4538 was used on new machines (we had missed a PM update or 2). We then decided to upgrade to 5029 because the update had fixed the issue in the past. No luck this time.
Since the issue remained, we decided to downgrade back to 4851.
This 4851 built did work on our servers and iMacs deployed 3 or 4 months ago and it still does works.
The point is when we add iMacs to the network (with the same config) we tend to get permission errors.
Can you guarantee PM DOES NOT add any restriction/permissions on copied or saved files?

PM creates files/folders using APIs provided by the system with the permissions of the user running Photo Mechanic.  PM doesn't intentionally limit anything.

-Kirk

Offline evevansoens

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thank you  Kirk, we will check that and report to you
Regards