Author Topic: couple of bugs?  (Read 5983 times)

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
couple of bugs?
« on: April 18, 2007, 12:46:39 PM »
Hello,
I just upgraded to Photo Mechanic 4.5. I'm having a couple of issues, one was happening in the latest prior version (Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.3) so I'll address that first: sometimes the preview screen will go completely black when trying to view an image. When I go to open it up, the image is fine. When I have an image open in Photoshop, and tag or color code the same image in Photo Mechanic while it is open, it corrupts the image and subsequently I get an "unexpected end of file error." The last issue is that I am unable to get the application to go back to the "Restore Panes' mode after entering the "Full Screen" mode. I've tried hitting the "F" key, the "R" key and selecting the icon from the top of the toolbar, but still cannot get it to exit the Full Screen mode. I'm running a Mac G5 Dual 2.0  Gigahertz system with Mac OS 10.4.9. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: couple of bugs?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:53:38 PM »
Andy,

I just upgraded to Photo Mechanic 4.5. I'm having a couple of issues, one was happening in the latest prior version (Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.3) so I'll address that first: sometimes the preview screen will go completely black when trying to view an image. When I go to open it up, the image is fine. When I have an image open in Photoshop, and tag or color code the same image in Photo Mechanic while it is open, it corrupts the image and subsequently I get an "unexpected end of file error." The last issue is that I am unable to get the application to go back to the "Restore Panes' mode after entering the "Full Screen" mode. I've tried hitting the "F" key, the "R" key and selecting the icon from the top of the toolbar, but still cannot get it to exit the Full Screen mode. I'm running a Mac G5 Dual 2.0  Gigahertz system with Mac OS 10.4.9. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Black images can be caused by trying to view an image before it is fully written out to disk.  Is that likely in your situation?

Modifying an image that is open in another application is a bad idea and unfortunately it is not possible for PM to tell that you're editing the image in Photoshop at the time.

The Fullscreen bug that you're talking about is going to be fixed in PM 4.5.1.

-Kirk

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 01:06:04 PM »
Thanks. Is there a way for me to get back to the Restore mode (with EXIF and Histogram) since I sometimes need to check the data that is present there? Thanks for the prompt reply!

Andy

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 01:19:55 PM »
Andy,

Thanks. Is there a way for me to get back to the Restore mode (with EXIF and Histogram) since I sometimes need to check the data that is present there? Thanks for the prompt reply!

Yes.  Sorry, I should have told you the workaround in the first place.  :o

There is a thin gray bar with a dimple in it that you can grab and drag away from the edge of the window and the items will appear again.

These splitter bars are at the right and bottom of the window.

-Kirk