Author Topic: Unable to create or locate Ingest data file  (Read 2113 times)

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Unable to create or locate Ingest data file
« on: July 29, 2020, 04:57:46 AM »
Hi,

MacOS Catalina
macOS 10.15.6 (19G73)
Running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 4155 (e068498)

I am getting the following error when I try to do an ingest:

"Incremental Ingest: Unable to create or locate Ingest data file on /Volumes/D3_8GB.  Is this a read-only volume?  Incremental Ingest will not function for this volume."

Using a Lexar LRW300U CF card reader with a SANDisk extreme 8GB CF card (which has never had any issues in the past)

I have verified that the disk is NOT read-only by copying and pasting a file to it. I also created a file on the volume from terminal.

I also tried on an identical CF card and got the same result.

Not 100% sure but this may be my first doing an ingest since upgrading to Catalina - so could be Catalina related?

Or do you know what else might cause this?

Thanks

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Re: Unable to create or locate Ingest data file
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 05:24:44 AM »
Note: Also have just upgraded to Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 4851 (8540bbd)
Issue still present.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 07:08:18 AM »
Tommy,

MacOS Catalina
macOS 10.15.6 (19G73)
Running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 4155 (e068498)

I am getting the following error when I try to do an ingest:

"Incremental Ingest: Unable to create or locate Ingest data file on /Volumes/D3_8GB.  Is this a read-only volume?  Incremental Ingest will not function for this volume."

Using a Lexar LRW300U CF card reader with a SANDisk extreme 8GB CF card (which has never had any issues in the past)

I have verified that the disk is NOT read-only by copying and pasting a file to it. I also created a file on the volume from terminal.

I also tried on an identical CF card and got the same result.

Not 100% sure but this may be my first doing an ingest since upgrading to Catalina - so could be Catalina related?

Definitely Catalina related.  Catalina by default does not allow "Full Disk Access" to all applications.  Please see this article: https://embrilliance.com/archives/2835

While it discusses a different app called "Embrilliance", the solution pertains to Photo Mechanic as well.  You'll have to add Photo Mechanic 6 to the list of applications that have "Full Disk Access".

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 09:20:59 AM »
Thanks Kirk, that fixed it!