Author Topic: Unable to add child items, synonyms or sibling items to Structured Keywords  (Read 4040 times)

Offline pheraghty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I am currently running a licenced copy of Photo Mechanic v 4.5 and a licenced copy of Structured Keywords (CVKC v3.0).  This is all running on a MacBook Pro / Mac OS X v 10.4.9.  I am unable to add child items, synonyms or sibling items to Structured Keywords.

For example, under WORLDS REGIONS & COUNTRIES > Caribbean > Netherland Antilles I would like to add Curaçao ... so I select  Netherland Antilles and right click and select Create Child Item ... and it creates Untitled ... I select Untitled and right click and select Rename and enter Curaçao ... the rest of the tool box entries turn grey and I am unable to step off of the record ...

I have been in contact with David Riecks (david@riecks.com) from Controlled Vocabulary Keyword Catalog and we went back and forth trying and checking a few things.  His final word on the matter is "I'm fairly certain this is not something with the  CVKC data set."  He further informed me that he had been intouch with the support staff at camera bits and they directed me to post the issue here.

I have checked that the StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt file permissions are set to Read & Write.   I have checked that the Photo Mechanic application permissions are set to Read & Write.

Please advise as to what I might do to correct this situation.

Thank you,
Patrick Heraghty

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Patrick,

I am currently running a licenced copy of Photo Mechanic v 4.5 and a licenced copy of Structured Keywords (CVKC v3.0).  This is all running on a MacBook Pro / Mac OS X v 10.4.9.  I am unable to add child items, synonyms or sibling items to Structured Keywords.

For example, under WORLDS REGIONS & COUNTRIES > Caribbean > Netherland Antilles I would like to add Curaçao ... so I select  Netherland Antilles and right click and select Create Child Item ... and it creates Untitled ... I select Untitled and right click and select Rename and enter Curaçao ... the rest of the tool box entries turn grey and I am unable to step off of the record ...

Have you tried pressing enter/return when you're done editing the new item?

-Kirk

Offline pheraghty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Wow, I feel like an idiot.  You press enter and it works.

Sorry for missing the obvious.

Thanks
Patrick