Author Topic: Catalog search after adding to collection  (Read 3207 times)

Offline tjkp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • tjk.photo
Catalog search after adding to collection
« on: August 03, 2020, 08:37:48 AM »
Just updated to the latest beta and I'm encountering new behavior in the app. Every single time I add/remove an image to a collection, the catalog has to pause and I see the message:
Search 1 catalog for: (?-i)path ^"/Volumes/[directory name]"

That's the usual message when loading a directory, but now it's happening every time an image is added or removed from a collection. Very annoying, and since I'm going through an entire year's worth of images that pause time starts to add up. Is this just my machine, not optimizing my settings, or can anyone else replicate this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Catalog search after adding to collection
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 09:10:56 AM »
Sounds like a bug to me.  Can you list the steps required to reproduce this issue?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline tjkp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • tjk.photo
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 09:46:50 AM »
Sure:
- Open a folder path via 'browse'. The folder I'm editing happens to be on an external drive.
- Choose an image or multiple images to add to a collection. Behavior is the same if it's a single image that's not selected, just a right click directly on the image, and single selected image or multiple selected images.
- Bring up the contextual menu and select add to collection. Can also choose remove from collection and get the same behavior.
- The thumbnails disappear and the message I mention above shows in the window, after a few seconds the thumbnails return and I can continue editing.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 10:08:22 AM »
Sure:
- Open a folder path via 'browse'. The folder I'm editing happens to be on an external drive.
- Choose an image or multiple images to add to a collection. Behavior is the same if it's a single image that's not selected, just a right click directly on the image, and single selected image or multiple selected images.
- Bring up the contextual menu and select add to collection. Can also choose remove from collection and get the same behavior.
- The thumbnails disappear and the message I mention above shows in the window, after a few seconds the thumbnails return and I can continue editing.

Do you have multiple catalogs?  Is the catalog whose images you're browsing by path the only catalog that you also have set for Add/Modify?

Thanks for the additional information.

-Kirk

Offline tjkp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • tjk.photo
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 10:13:47 AM »

Do you have multiple catalogs?  Is the catalog whose images you're browsing by path the only catalog that you also have set for Add/Modify?

Thanks for the additional information.

-Kirk

Just one large catalog (about 400,000 files), so this is the only catalog set for add/modify.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 11:06:48 AM »
Fixed in Beta 21: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13499.0

When items are added to a Collection, only Collection tabs are refreshed.

-Kirk