Author Topic: PC unresponsive when PM ingesting photos  (Read 1861 times)

Offline stulandr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PC unresponsive when PM ingesting photos
« on: July 30, 2020, 05:01:27 AM »
I'm running PM 6.0 Build 4851 on Windows 10.  When I ingest photos from an SD Card via Lexar USB3.0 Dual Slot Reader, my PC becomes unresponsive - mouse freezes, keyboard freezes until the ingest is complete. 

The ingest dialog stays on the screen and I can see photos being imported in the contact sheet, i have to wait for the ingest to finish before i can use the PC.  I can't even cancel the ingest as the mouse is unresponsive.

This only started happening after an update (prior to build 4851).

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PC unresponsive when PM ingesting photos
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 08:07:32 AM »
I'm running PM 6.0 Build 4851 on Windows 10.  When I ingest photos from an SD Card via Lexar USB3.0 Dual Slot Reader, my PC becomes unresponsive - mouse freezes, keyboard freezes until the ingest is complete. 

The ingest dialog stays on the screen and I can see photos being imported in the contact sheet, i have to wait for the ingest to finish before i can use the PC.  I can't even cancel the ingest as the mouse is unresponsive.

This only started happening after an update (prior to build 4851).

There should be nothing that a user-level application like Photo Mechanic can do that should virtually halt your system.  It sounds like a driver problem to me.  Did anything change in regards to your mouse or USB drivers recently?  For trouble-shooting help, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline stulandr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PC unresponsive when PM ingesting photos
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 05:34:02 AM »
Thanks Kirk.  I think it's probably a USB issue and I've noticed that it happens for a fraction of a second when the SD card is inserted in the card reader before PM loads.