Author Topic: PM6 Search my Mac  (Read 34816 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 Search my Mac
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2020, 09:13:38 AM »
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  {yes, I sound like Gomer Pyle}
For putting Spotlight search back in PM 6.

I would have been happy to just keep using PM 5, but you never made that 64bit.
For the last few months, I have NOT been able to use my new 16-inch MacBook Pro that I spent $5,000 on because not being able to search my Mac for photos was not an option. I keep 30,000 plus captioned photos on my mac with new ones being added each day and it is critical to my work that I am able to search for and locate photos in a snap.  (The new laptop doesn't work with 32-bit programs, It came with Catalina)
I've been using Photo Mechanic full time for over 20 years, and one of the things I was always most impressed with Camera Bits was the way you listened to your customers. You can see it in your software.

If you ever have the itch to not show the Spotlight search by default again, that would be okay, just allow me to turn it back on in the preferences. I won't mind taking the extra step.
Again, thank you!!!

We will only remove it when Apple removes it from macOS.  (Not likely, but Apple does retire some technologies over time.)

-Kirk

Offline Steven Georges

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2020, 08:33:09 PM »
Kirk, you get a fourth thank you for that promise.  :-)

Offline SAMouzon

• View Profile
    • The Original Green Blog
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2020, 04:49:11 PM »
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  {yes, I sound like Gomer Pyle}
For putting Spotlight search back in PM 6.

I would have been happy to just keep using PM 5, but you never made that 64bit.
For the last few months, I have NOT been able to use my new 16-inch MacBook Pro that I spent $5,000 on because not being able to search my Mac for photos was not an option. I keep 30,000 plus captioned photos on my mac with new ones being added each day and it is critical to my work that I am able to search for and locate photos in a snap.  (The new laptop doesn't work with 32-bit programs, It came with Catalina)
I've been using Photo Mechanic full time for over 20 years, and one of the things I was always most impressed with Camera Bits was the way you listened to your customers. You can see it in your software.

If you ever have the itch to not show the Spotlight search by default again, that would be okay, just allow me to turn it back on in the preferences. I won't mind taking the extra step.
Again, thank you!!!

We will only remove it when Apple removes it from macOS.  (Not likely, but Apple does retire some technologies over time.)

-Kirk

Oh, this is fabulous news!!! Thank you so much, Kirk! Just thought I'd check since I haven't been on the forums in a long time, and this is so great to hear! Already reinstalled 6 and using it; looking forward to learning its more powerful search tools since I now have the old fallback Search my Mac when in a pinch.