Author Topic: Send Email Progress in PM 6  (Read 3455 times)

Offline MrSaiman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Send Email Progress in PM 6
« on: September 05, 2020, 04:31:39 AM »
Is it possible to see the progress in PM 6 when pictures are sent by email and if so how do I do that? In PM 5 this was far better for me because the mail was passed on to the mail program used.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Send Email Progress in PM 6
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 10:05:54 AM »
Is it possible to see the progress in PM 6 when pictures are sent by email and if so how do I do that? In PM 5 this was far better for me because the mail was passed on to the mail program used.

What OS are you using on your computer?

-Kirk

Offline MrSaiman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 11:45:30 PM »
Using Win10 pro 64bit

Offline Woodie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 02:16:08 PM »
I recently went through this with Camerabits support and Kirk. Doing a search in this forum should bring up the conversation between Kirk and I. The solution for me was going back to PM5.

PM6 wouldn't connect to my ISP. Got a protocol error message every time. Asked Kirk if addresses for groups would need to be entered as multiple individuals if I ever got PM6 email working with my ISP. He confirmed that they would. He did say I could take a snapshot to save a group in PM6. For me, that would mean maintaining multiple email groups, one in my email app and "snapshots" in PM6. The easiest route for me was going back to PM5. I pick the images to email and PM5 opens an email in my default app where I can use the address book to pick recipients and the text area to enter a message.

Kirk may jump in to correct something I've said in error but I believe the information is correct.

Oh, I'm using Windows Pro 64 bit version 2004.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 11:24:41 PM »
Using Win10 pro 64bit

There is no progress, but if you want to know if your emails have been sent, you can Bcc yourself and you'll receive a copy of the email.

-Kirk

Offline MrSaiman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 02:21:46 AM »
Sending email directly via PM 6 works for me. BCC is not a solution for me at this point. Here it would be desirable to have a reasonable status displayed in the program. Since I have to comply with the customer's request to continue to send images by email, I hope for this option in a future update.