Author Topic: Zoom to crop switched off  (Read 2482 times)

Offline rienvanham

• View Profile
Zoom to crop switched off
« on: September 06, 2020, 06:07:47 AM »
Hi,

I don't know if this is a "feature" or a bug:

If I look at my pictures using "view crop" (the eye under "crop") and I scroll through my photo's this setting is switched off after it reaches a picture without a crop and not switched on again at the next picture with a crop.

I find this annoying because I want to see all my pictures with a crop and have to switch it on every time a non-cropped picture is passed.

Thanks in advance!

Rien.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Zoom to crop switched off
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 11:18:23 PM »
I don't know if this is a "feature" or a bug:

If I look at my pictures using "view crop" (the eye under "crop") and I scroll through my photo's this setting is switched off after it reaches a picture without a crop and not switched on again at the next picture with a crop.

I find this annoying because I want to see all my pictures with a crop and have to switch it on every time a non-cropped picture is passed.

The behavior is intentional.

-Kirk

Offline rienvanham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 09:19:15 AM »
OMG! How difficult can it be to make this persistent..... I choose to see the pictures cropped and then the software decides to turn that off.... What might be the reason for this....

I think a workaround could be to do a crop on the whole picture for uncropped ones. Pfff my search for the perfect "management"-software continues... LR? No, crashed and freezes all the time, C1P? No, doesn't write to JPG's. ACDSee? No, says "non destructive editing" but after each save the picture gets smaller. Zoner? No, not friendly enough and writes to strange sidecarfiles......

Offline Dub

• View Profile
    • instantsphotos
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 09:50:41 AM »
Hello everyone,

I hadn't seen this function, thank you Rienvanham, it's super handy  ;D ... and I agree with you... it's a shame to lose the cropping with each uncropped picture !!!

>:(

:D
French and "English" with DeepL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MPB 13" M1 / Monterey
https://instantsphotos.fr/