Author Topic: Error: While setting a rating an error account  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Micha

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Error: While setting a rating an error account
« on: September 07, 2020, 04:33:58 PM »
Since the last late August PM6 Update I frequently have this that when doing a star rating or tagging NEF-files (D800) a new window opens with the error massage ... it appears a button to retry ... and then it works ... but this is a strange behaviour I never had before with PM5 or PM6. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not?!

So, clicking the "retry" button is a solution for the moment ... but it would be nice to fix it, thank you for that.

One more general comment from my site: since PM6 appeared there always had been some minor or larger problems (the last month I only used PM5 because there was the issue with the loupe-function) so that I was glad that I still had my version of PM5 ... but I would be pleased very much to have a new PM6 that works so near perfect like still pm5. But be shure, I know that you are working hard on this to get this done ;)

Nice greetings
Micha

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Error: While setting a rating an error account
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 04:37:21 PM »
Micha,

Since the last late August PM6 Update I frequently have this that when doing a star rating or tagging NEF-files (D800) a new window opens with the error massage ... it appears a button to retry ... and then it works ... but this is a strange behaviour I never had before with PM5 or PM6. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not?!

So, clicking the "retry" button is a solution for the moment ... but it would be nice to fix it, thank you for that.

What OS are you using?  What is the error that it lists to you?

One more general comment from my site: since PM6 appeared there always had been some minor or larger problems (the last month I only used PM5 because there was the issue with the loupe-function) so that I was glad that I still had my version of PM5 ... but I would be pleased very much to have a new PM6 that works so near perfect like still pm5. But be shure, I know that you are working hard on this to get this done ;)

Please list all of the problems that you have experienced.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Micha

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 04:50:07 PM »
uhhh, what a fast reply, Kirk, thank you!

O.k. yes. I forgot to mention it, it is Windows 10 the latest Update ... and you replied to fast for me because I wanted to add that my Cache files are on a Ram-Disk, but I had this setting for many many years in PM5 so this should be not a problem and I did not had this so far when I used PM6?! I have the same settings in PM6 like in PM5.

You asked for the other issues: please apology, I did not write this down, I think, some I simply forgot over the time (because I could work with PM5) but what I do remember what always brought me back to PM5 was, that PM6 started very very slow ... this is far more better now ... but I think, this was discussed here in the past ...

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 08:57:05 PM »
Micha,

O.k. yes. I forgot to mention it, it is Windows 10 the latest Update ... and you replied to fast for me because I wanted to add that my Cache files are on a Ram-Disk, but I had this setting for many many years in PM5 so this should be not a problem and I did not had this so far when I used PM6?! I have the same settings in PM6 like in PM5.

What is the error message that appeared and gave you an opportunity to retry?

You asked for the other issues: please apology, I did not write this down, I think, some I simply forgot over the time (because I could work with PM5) but what I do remember what always brought me back to PM5 was, that PM6 started very very slow ... this is far more better now ... but I think, this was discussed here in the past ...

OK, if you come up with some specifics, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Kirk