Author Topic: File Renaming Failure  (Read 4581 times)

Offline slide_sound

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
File Renaming Failure
« on: April 18, 2007, 10:11:23 PM »
I work with the 4.5 Version as a tryout version.

I edit mx NEF Files from Nikon D200 and D2X in Nikon Capture NX and convert to JPEG. So far so good.
In PhotoMechanic I always rename those files, seperately for the NEF Originals and the JPEG'S. Most of the time it works perfect, but sometimes I get an failure information which says: Failure with picture xyz. We go back to original name. It is impossible, to rename any picture from that folder
What do I wrong? I always do the same thing: Select All - Rename with a sequence

Hope you can help

Best regards, Dieter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: File Renaming Failure
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:55:23 PM »
Dieter,

I edit mx NEF Files from Nikon D200 and D2X in Nikon Capture NX and convert to JPEG. So far so good.
In PhotoMechanic I always rename those files, seperately for the NEF Originals and the JPEG'S. Most of the time it works perfect, but sometimes I get an failure information which says: Failure with picture xyz. We go back to original name. It is impossible, to rename any picture from that folder
What do I wrong? I always do the same thing: Select All - Rename with a sequence

Are you on Windows?  Does the path to the contact sheet contain any accented characters?  Does the name you're trying to use have any accented characters?

If so, this is a known bug and has been fixed in our development version.  The fix will appear in version 4.5.1.  If you want to see if the development version fixes your issue, then contact me privately by clicking on my name to the left of this message and I'll give you access to the development version.

-Kirk

Offline slide_sound

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: File Renaming Failure
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 02:42:45 AM »
Hello Kirk,

thank's for the quick resonse!

Yes, I'm on windows xp professional and I give you an example of my workflow:

3 different folders with RAW (NEF) pictures
- folder no. 1 / all pictures where renamed from D2X_DSC13588.NEF to 2007_04_09 Burg Satzfey 001 01 + sequ. 001 to 067 (example 2007_04_09 Burg Satzfey 001 01 043)
- folder no. 2 / all pictures where renamed from D2X_DSC13734.NEF to 2007_04_09 Burg Satzfey 002 01 + sequ. 001 to 043
- folder no. 2 / all pictures where renamed from D2X_DSC13655.NEF to 2007_04_09 Burg Satzfey 003 01 + sequ. 001 to 139

No problems with folder No. 1 and 2 but with folder No. 3. All activities directly one after another, no chanches, no diferent editing