Author Topic: Locations Taken & Shown  (Read 1798 times)

Offline OldRadioGuy

• Retired broadcast journalist/educator
    • View Profile
Locations Taken & Shown
« on: September 19, 2020, 03:54:37 PM »
I can't find an explanation in the documentation, so I'll ask what may be stupid questions.

How does one efficiently use the Locations Taken & Shown metadata section?

I can fill in each item and then press the button to copy it to the Locations Shown Table. But then moving to another image in the same folder, the information is not shown in that table. I would assume there should be a way to quickly copy a line from that table into another image.

Also, what is the function of the World icon buttons in this section, and how do they work?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
-------------
Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Olympus PEN-F

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Locations Taken & Shown
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 04:32:06 PM »
Bob,

I can't find an explanation in the documentation, so I'll ask what may be stupid questions.

How does one efficiently use the Locations Taken & Shown metadata section?

I can fill in each item and then press the button to copy it to the Locations Shown Table. But then moving to another image in the same folder, the information is not shown in that table. I would assume there should be a way to quickly copy a line from that table into another image.

There is no copy row function.  There is no quick way that I know of to copy that information from one image to another other than copying all of the metadata from one image to another.  If you have a group of images, then I'd suggest using the Metadata Template dialog and apply in bulk.

Also, what is the function of the World icon buttons in this section, and how do they work?

They perform reverse geocoding using the GPS coordinates (if present) in your photos.

-Kirk

Offline OldRadioGuy

• Retired broadcast journalist/educator
    • View Profile
Re: Locations Taken & Shown
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 07:40:49 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply, Kirk.  :)
-------------
Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Olympus PEN-F

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
    • The McElroys of Point Alexander