Author Topic: Bug in Preview  (Read 2145 times)

Offline sdwheeler

• Newcomer
  • Photo Mechanic daily user since 2001
    • View Profile
    • Simon Wheeler Photography
Bug in Preview
« on: September 23, 2020, 05:08:05 PM »
I have a catalog of 2246 .tif files. In sort by date mode, in the Preview display, when I reach the newest photo and use the arrow left key that should take me back to the oldest photo, instead the newest image remains on display but the supposed file name changes to "Preview for . (2246 of 2246)"

If I press the left arrow again, the image remains the same but the name changes to "Preview for . (2245 of 2246)" I can repeat the process and the number just keeps incrementing down by one each time.

Thank you for the program I'm starting to love it and enjoy having a lot of files all in one browsable place. I can provide screen shots if you need them.

Offline sdwheeler

• Newcomer
  • Photo Mechanic daily user since 2001
    • View Profile
    • Simon Wheeler Photography
Re: Bug in Preview
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 05:10:50 PM »
I should have noted.

Mac MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 2.8 GHz i7 16GB ram
OS 10.14.6
Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 5089 (af0ec71)
My data is on a 2 TB 3.5 inch spinning hard drive external via USB 3

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bug in Preview
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 12:42:53 PM »
I have a catalog of 2246 .tif files. In sort by date mode, in the Preview display, when I reach the newest photo and use the arrow left key that should take me back to the oldest photo, instead the newest image remains on display but the supposed file name changes to "Preview for . (2246 of 2246)"

If I press the left arrow again, the image remains the same but the name changes to "Preview for . (2245 of 2246)" I can repeat the process and the number just keeps incrementing down by one each time.

Thank you for the program I'm starting to love it and enjoy having a lot of files all in one browsable place. I can provide screen shots if you need them.

I'm unable to recreate the problem that you've reported.

The Photo Mechanic log file may have useful information. In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..."  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply and there you'll be able to upload the PM_log.zip file.

Thank you.

-Jerry