Author Topic: Info not correct  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Blondefoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Info not correct
« on: September 29, 2020, 03:34:29 PM »
Hi!

I have version 5.0 of Photo Mechanic. I just noticed that the info for my camera in the Info section isn't correct. It use to be. So I'm not sure what happened. Does this even make a difference in anything? Anything to be concerned about and need changing? It should read Canon 7D, not 6D

Thank you,
Renee'

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Info not correct
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 03:53:41 PM »
ReneƩ,

I have version 5.0 of Photo Mechanic. I just noticed that the info for my camera in the Info section isn't correct. It use to be. So I'm not sure what happened. Does this even make a difference in anything? Anything to be concerned about and need changing? It should read Canon 7D, not 6D

It looks like the image was saved out of Adobe Photoshop.  It is possible that it modified the metadata such that PM5 thinks it is from the Canon 6D instead of the 7D.  If you want to post one of your images, I'd be happy to test it with Photo Mechanic 6.  If there is a problem with PM6 and your image then we can fix the problem in PM6.  We can't fix it in PM5 because we no longer update that software.

-Kirk

Offline Blondefoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 04:04:47 PM »
Oh ok. I would appreciate that so much! I didn't know if I needed to resize the image or not?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 04:20:53 PM »
ReneƩ,

PM6 shows that the image is from a Canon 6D Mark II.  I have attached a screen grab of what your image looks like in PM6.  I also ran your image through ExifTool which also thinks that your image is from a Canon 6D Mark II:

Code: [Select]
JPEG APP1 (17137 bytes):
  ExifByteOrder = II
  + [IFD0 directory with 8 entries]
  | 0)  Make = Canon
  | 1)  Model = Canon EOS 6D Mark II
  | 2)  XResolution = 300 (300/1)
  | 3)  YResolution = 300 (300/1)
  | 4)  ResolutionUnit = 2
  | 5)  Software = Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 9.3 (Windows)

Can you post one of your images that has not been modified at all?

-Kirk