Author Topic: Rendering video Thumbnails  (Read 1718 times)

Offline David Roth

• View Profile
Rendering video Thumbnails
« on: September 26, 2020, 11:43:25 AM »
After installing my latest PM6 update, I installed the latest version of gstreamer from their website (v1.18) but was not able to see any video thumbnail previews in a contact sheet. I went back to v1.16 through the link on the Camera Bits Forums and was able to view *.MOV files but not *.mp4, which I had been able to do in the past.
Current versions:
Windows 10 2004
PM6 5029

Dave Roth

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rendering video Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 11:59:38 AM »
Dave,

After installing my latest PM6 update, I installed the latest version of gstreamer from their website (v1.18) but was not able to see any video thumbnail previews in a contact sheet. I went back to v1.16 through the link on the Camera Bits Forums and was able to view *.MOV files but not *.mp4, which I had been able to do in the past.

Please see this article: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000340654-use-gstreamer-to-view-video-thumbnails-and-previews-on-windows

If you still experience trouble, please contact our support folks and they'll troubleshoot the issue with you:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline David Roth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 09:42:27 AM »
I must have not used the complete install. After restarting PM6, all video thumbnails were visible.

Thanks.

DR

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 10:14:14 AM »
David,

I must have not used the complete install. After restarting PM6, all video thumbnails were visible.

I'm glad you got it all working.

-Kirk