Author Topic: PM6+ BetaPREVIEW GENERATION TASK  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6+ BetaPREVIEW GENERATION TASK
« on: October 01, 2020, 09:21:58 PM »
I am running PM6+ Beta Build 5089 on Mac OS 10.15.6
When doing my last "Scan to Catalog, the tasks ended with "Catalog Image Preview Generation" reading "777 batches remaining" and stayed that way.  All other tasks are idle or completed.  What does that mean (& what is a "batch"?) & how do I get that completed? - Jon Davidson

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6+ BetaPREVIEW GENERATION TASK
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 10:02:06 PM »
Jon Paul,

I am running PM6+ Beta Build 5089 on Mac OS 10.15.6
When doing my last "Scan to Catalog, the tasks ended with "Catalog Image Preview Generation" reading "777 batches remaining" and stayed that way.  All other tasks are idle or completed.  What does that mean (& what is a "batch"?) & how do I get that completed? - Jon Davidson

A batch is a small group of images that need to be processed for preview generation.  Currently a batch is ten images.  So you have 7,770 images remaining to have their previews generated.  You don't have to wait for them to finish.  You can quit and when you resume the application later they will continue where they left off.

We have made some improvements to the speed of preview generation/copying, please try this build:

https://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanicPlusR5132_a75ecc6d.dmg

-Kirk

Offline krubin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM6+ BetaPREVIEW GENERATION TASK
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 08:58:13 AM »
FYI, I was having a similar problem, where the queue to do batch preview would get "stuck" and remain "stuck" across sessions, including full product exit and return.  The above referenced patch seems to have addressed the issue.  Thanks!