Author Topic: Save a keywords list  (Read 1511 times)

Offline jomocovi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save a keywords list
« on: October 04, 2020, 04:39:52 PM »
How can I save a set of keywords and launch it by selecting the given name?
For ex, I used in a session two cameras, and want to give different keywords when ingesting.

Appreciated your help.
Camera A
Capture One Pro 20, Sony, Photo Mechanic 6, SEL100400GM, SEL14TL, A7RM2

Camera B
Capture One Pro 20, Leica, Photo Mechanic 6, Summilux M 75mm f1.4, M10-P

Jun

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save a keywords list
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 08:19:16 AM »
Jun,

How can I save a set of keywords and launch it by selecting the given name?
For ex, I used in a session two cameras, and want to give different keywords when ingesting.

Appreciated your help.
Camera A
Capture One Pro 20, Sony, Photo Mechanic 6, SEL100400GM, SEL14TL, A7RM2

Camera B
Capture One Pro 20, Leica, Photo Mechanic 6, Summilux M 75mm f1.4, M10-P

First we need a way of identifying camera A and B.  I suggest customizing your Contact Sheet thumbnail labels to add the following:

Serial: {serial}

You can do this by accessing the Contact Sheet page of the Preferences dialog and then change the number of thumbnail labels to 1 (or more if you want to add additional information) and then enter the above.

Then browse some images from camera A and some from camera B.  Hopefully they'll both display a number that is different.  Then you'd make a Code Replacement text file that has the two serial numbers as the codes and then the two keyword sets you listed as the replacements for each code.

Then you'd use Code Replacement on Ingest with the Metadata (IPTC) Template dialog in the keywords field.  You'd enter:

\{serial}\

Then when you ingest, the serial number for each camera will be used to look up the replacement.

See: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000223660-introduction-to-code-replacements-in-photo-mechanic

HTH,

-Kirk