Author Topic: Sony FTP and tagged in PM  (Read 1725 times)

Offline joetothphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sony FTP and tagged in PM
« on: October 06, 2020, 08:24:12 AM »
Is there a way of having Photo Mechanic tag images upon ingest that have been FTP'd from my Sony A9II and A7RIV? I don't always have time to tag images i've FTP'd and it would be a huge help if there was a way of doing this through PM.

Thanks

Joe

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sony FTP and tagged in PM
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 08:59:46 AM »
Joe,

Is there a way of having Photo Mechanic tag images upon ingest that have been FTP'd from my Sony A9II and A7RIV? I don't always have time to tag images i've FTP'd and it would be a huge help if there was a way of doing this through PM.

Ingest can tag images via the Metadata (IPTC) Template.  All images ingested will be tagged.  There is no way to differentiate those images that were FTP'd and those that are not, however.

The Tagging feature in the template can evaluate a variable so if there is something in the FTP'd images that will be different vs. images that were not FTP'd then there would be a way to make that selective.

You'd have to tell me more about how the images get to the source folder that is ingested in order for me to help you further.

-Kirk

Offline joetothphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 09:17:46 AM »
I ingest via card... so if I had 1000 images on a card all 1000 would be ingested. The FTP'd images would be sent from camera. There'd be no difference other than some would have been FTP'd. So in theory, I need to tag all my sent images before ingest happens.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 09:26:44 AM »
Joe,

I ingest via card... so if I had 1000 images on a card all 1000 would be ingested. The FTP'd images would be sent from camera. There'd be no difference other than some would have been FTP'd. So in theory, I need to tag all my sent images before ingest happens.

Where did the FTP'd images go?  Do you have access to them somehow?

If not, then there isn't going to be any way that I can think of to tell the difference on the images on the card unless the camera modifies them in some way on the disk when they're FTP'd.

-Kirk