Author Topic: Register new beta?  (Read 5687 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Register new beta?
« on: October 07, 2020, 02:45:56 AM »
I installed version 5199 of PM6+ on my MacBook Pro running iOS 10.15.7 and the software asked for my license key and registration. Is this the intended behavior? I see that it is now possible to buy a license for PM6+, so if we want to continue to use it, is buying a license now required, and the beta program is over?

I did not have my PM6 info handy, so I could only install a 30 day trial.

Offline krubin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Register new beta?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 06:31:25 AM »
I wasn't given the trial option.  I received an error saying that my prior [beta] license key had expired and to enter a new key or buy. 

Offline krubin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 06:33:30 AM »
I should note that the PM+ [standard edition] license key no longer validated.

If the beta is concluded perhaps you could note that on the website.  We are all appreciative that we've had a chance to use and influence the development of what is going to be a smashing product.

- Ken

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 06:45:31 AM »
Ken,

I checked, and my PM6 (non-Plus version) installation now says I need a license key. I found my Key through the Camera Bits web site and reactivated it.

Annoying to have to reactivate the regular version and confusing regarding the status of Plus.

Offline LarsN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 08:05:21 AM »
On my version of Camera Bits homepage, there is a page saying "Photo Mechanic Plus is here". There is a page for buying, where Photo Mechanic Plus is an option. I made an upgrade and downloaded the latest version. Both PM6 and PM+ is now working.

Offline krubin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 08:44:13 AM »
On my version of Camera Bits homepage, there is a page saying "Photo Mechanic Plus is here". There is a page for buying, where Photo Mechanic Plus is an option. I made an upgrade and downloaded the latest version. Both PM6 and PM+ is now working.

I saw the same and was asking whether the product is released.  I'm happy to make the purchase when its ready.  Wasn't sure if this was the expectation at this point as it seems the Beta is still going. 
Good to hear this path works though!

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 09:00:32 AM »

I saw the same and was asking whether the product is released.  I'm happy to make the purchase when its ready.  Wasn't sure if this was the expectation at this point as it seems the Beta is still going. 

I checked to see if there were any updates to PM+6 and it said there were so I did the update. After the update I now get a pop up asking if I want buy, try or register. The build on the pop up says 5199. I did not update PM6+ on my MacBook Pro so that one still opens up as a beta but says it will expire on 10/10. I guess this means they are releasing the final version.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 09:30:10 AM »
Mick,

I installed version 5199 of PM6+ on my MacBook Pro running iOS 10.15.7 and the software asked for my license key and registration. Is this the intended behavior? I see that it is now possible to buy a license for PM6+, so if we want to continue to use it, is buying a license now required, and the beta program is over?

I did not have my PM6 info handy, so I could only install a 30 day trial.

The 5199 build is the initial release build and is no longer a beta.  I was dead-tired last night and forgot to make a post in the Announcements board.  I have made the new post which you can read here: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13552.0

If you log into the store, it should offer you an upgrade option that will give you a new license key that will activate Photo Mechanic Plus.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 09:32:20 AM »
Mick,

I checked, and my PM6 (non-Plus version) installation now says I need a license key. I found my Key through the Camera Bits web site and reactivated it.

Annoying to have to reactivate the regular version and confusing regarding the status of Plus.

You had to reactivate and you did nothing with the release version (build 5199)?  Did you start a Trial of Photo Mechanic Plus?

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 09:34:35 AM »

I apologize for not making an announcement.  I finally did post one recently: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13552.0

We wanted to release the final version before the current beta expired in order to not have anyone lose access to Photo Mechanic Plus.  The current beta application should run until this Saturday, but yes, the beta period is over and Photo Mechanic Plus is now available for purchase.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 09:35:39 AM »
Romeo,

I checked to see if there were any updates to PM+6 and it said there were so I did the update. After the update I now get a pop up asking if I want buy, try or register. The build on the pop up says 5199. I did not update PM6+ on my MacBook Pro so that one still opens up as a beta but says it will expire on 10/10. I guess this means they are releasing the final version.

Yes, please read my late announcement here: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13552.0

-Kirk

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 12:29:42 PM »
The 5199 build is the initial release build and is no longer a beta.

Congratulations!
--
Odd S.

Offline speedygg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2020, 07:07:57 PM »
Congratulations on the release of PM6 Plus...finally! Great job Dennis, Katie, Kirk, Bill, Jerry, Mick, .... and the rest of the gang. Wishing you guys all the best. Just upgraded my license.
- speedygg ( aka Pablo GG  ;) )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2020, 07:35:19 PM »
Congratulations on the release of PM6 Plus...finally! Great job Dennis, Katie, Kirk, Bill, Jerry, Mick, .... and the rest of the gang. Wishing you guys all the best. Just upgraded my license.
- speedygg ( aka Pablo GG  ;) )

Thanks, Pablo!

-Kirk