Author Topic: Auto Update Catalog feature  (Read 4464 times)

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
Re: Auto Update Catalog feature
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2020, 03:44:47 AM »
What about an option to set a single folder to watch for updates and then have PM+ update the database.

I use DxO Photolab to develop photos so I continually have to scan to Catalog to get the new photos added. As I develop to just one directory/folder I would like to specify this folder for auto update.

Offline treyneal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Update Catalog feature
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »
Coming from years of running Media Pro through multiple iterations (and still nursing that database along) - this feature is implemented by way of watched folders. Essentially the user right clicks for context sensitive options on single folders, one of which is to Auto-Update the folder.  If there are changes to that folder the database is updated as a background process based upon user selected frequency - every 1 minutes, every 5 minutes, never.  Media Pro recognizes the "new" item - file, folder, subfolder but processes it in the background.  This keeps the user from needing to manually activate an update to the catalog for a watched folder(s). While it is likely CPU intensive, it does keep me up to date in a catalog without intervention.