Author Topic: Possible bug in Active Catalogs display  (Read 2389 times)

Offline steveatcb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Possible bug in Active Catalogs display
« on: October 10, 2020, 12:23:22 PM »
Hi,

Using "Manage Catalogs", if I delete a catalog while it is selected for "Search" and/or "Add/Modify", it looks like the "Search" and "Modify" catalog counts displayed in the main "Active Catalogs" panel are not decremented.  Seeing this number (accurately) is very useful, for example to ensure that you are adding to only a single catalog.

There is a screenshot attached showing the issue.  In the case shown, all catalogs were deleted but the counts still show Search:5, Modify: 6.  These counts remain after restarting PM.  I deleted preferences that I could find but it did not reset the counts.  I'm using Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 5199 (c6f4437) on Mac 10.15.7

-Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Possible bug in Active Catalogs display
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 02:56:22 PM »
Steve,

Using "Manage Catalogs", if I delete a catalog while it is selected for "Search" and/or "Add/Modify", it looks like the "Search" and "Modify" catalog counts displayed in the main "Active Catalogs" panel are not decremented.  Seeing this number (accurately) is very useful, for example to ensure that you are adding to only a single catalog.

There is a screenshot attached showing the issue.  In the case shown, all catalogs were deleted but the counts still show Search:5, Modify: 6.  These counts remain after restarting PM.  I deleted preferences that I could find but it did not reset the counts.  I'm using Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 5199 (c6f4437) on Mac 10.15.7

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.  I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 03:21:26 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline steveatcb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 06:39:48 PM »
Hi Kirk,

In the interim I deleted additional metadata and reinstalled PM.  I was able to reproduce the issue with the following sequence:

1. starting with new install (after logging out and back in) I have just "Default Catalog" and "Search: 1, Modify: 1"
2. in Manage Catalogs create new "Test Catalog" and check its Search and Add/Modify boxes: two Active Catalogs shown and "Search: 2, Modify: 2"
3. in Manage Catalogs, delete "Test Catalog": back to just "Default Catalog" in Active Catalogs but still shows "Search: 2, Modify: 2"
4. restart PM, same state as in #3

Log data for this sequence is attached, along with another screen shot.

Thanks,
Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 09:02:23 AM »
Steve,

In the interim I deleted additional metadata and reinstalled PM.  I was able to reproduce the issue with the following sequence:

1. starting with new install (after logging out and back in) I have just "Default Catalog" and "Search: 1, Modify: 1"
2. in Manage Catalogs create new "Test Catalog" and check its Search and Add/Modify boxes: two Active Catalogs shown and "Search: 2, Modify: 2"
3. in Manage Catalogs, delete "Test Catalog": back to just "Default Catalog" in Active Catalogs but still shows "Search: 2, Modify: 2"
4. restart PM, same state as in #3

Log data for this sequence is attached, along with another screen shot.

Thank you for the steps to reproduce and the log file.

-Kirk