Author Topic: capture time sorting  (Read 2754 times)

Offline malsalah

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
capture time sorting
« on: October 10, 2020, 10:45:30 PM »
Hello There,
I have Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a),
I recently purchased Nikon Z5, used it today on a wedding along with two Nikon D750's, which all where synced using the time from www.time.gov

Uploaded my images and tried to sort them in Photo Mechanic, in capture time order. 

kept all the Nikon Z5 images on top of folder and sorted other two cameras.
Any reason why it didn’t sort the Nikon Z5 images with the rest?  I checked for update but none to update.

Please advise...Thank you
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 06:53:23 AM by malsalah »

Offline malsalah

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: capture time sorting
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 10:48:20 PM »
i am using OS 10.13.6 High Sierra

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 09:00:16 AM »
Hello There,
I have Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a),
I recently purchased Nikon Z5, used it today on a wedding along with two Nikon D750's, which all where synced using the time from www.time.gov

Uploaded my images and tried to sort them in Photo Mechanic, in capture time order. 

kept all the Nikon Z5 images on top of folder and sorted other two cameras.
Any reason why it didn’t sort the Nikon Z5 images with the rest?  I checked for update but none to update.

Probably because the Nikon Z5 came out after the last build of Photo Mechanic 5 and it isn't recognizing the images produced by the Nikon Z5 properly.  It should work fine in Photo Mechanic 6.  You can try a free trial of PM6 and see if it solves your problem.

https://store.camerabits.com/downloads

-Kirk

Offline malsalah

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 12:10:24 PM »
Thank you...coincidently I downloaded the plus and still was not able to sort, I will download the 6 and try it, hoping it works.  Any idea when will have the update on photo Mechanic 5 for the Nikon Z5?

Thank you again

Offline malsalah

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 02:10:48 PM »
So I downloaded the 6 and tried sorting my images,  It  did the same thing, only put the Nikon Z5 on the top and the reset were sorted properly after the Nikon Z5 images. what else can I do to sort them correctly.

Please advise...Thank you

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 04:34:39 PM »
Thank you...coincidently I downloaded the plus and still was not able to sort, I will download the 6 and try it, hoping it works.  Any idea when will have the update on photo Mechanic 5 for the Nikon Z5?

Photo Mechanic 5 is no longer being updated.  Only Photo Mechanic 6 and Photo Mechanic Plus are being updated at this time.

Please post a sample image from your camera.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your image.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline malsalah

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 06:46:27 PM »
Okay so here is what happened, when I synced my cameras using www.time.gov
The Nikon Z5 was set in the pm but it was really set as am instead, with military time I should’ve set it at 19:00 not 7:00 pm. What a stupid mistake on my part.  So I was able to adjust time by adding 12 hours a and bam.  Appreciate all your help. And I am sorry.

Thank you so much.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 07:25:12 AM »
Okay so here is what happened, when I synced my cameras using www.time.gov
The Nikon Z5 was set in the pm but it was really set as am instead, with military time I should’ve set it at 19:00 not 7:00 pm. What a stupid mistake on my part.  So I was able to adjust time by adding 12 hours a and bam.  Appreciate all your help. And I am sorry.

No problem, I'm glad that you found a solution.

-Kirk