Author Topic: Not seeing text file  (Read 4020 times)

Offline DaveG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Not seeing text file
« on: October 14, 2020, 08:55:41 AM »
I recently created a UTF-8 text file using Windows notepad, and I think that I did it in the same way as in previous text files that worked fine  Yet when I go into PM and try to use code replacement the code just stays there like it's a regular word. My Delimeter is the  =  sign and I don't have anything in the Default replacement area.

As an experiment I just tried to use code replacement from last year's sports roster text file - that I know worked - and none of them will work now.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Not seeing text file
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 09:04:27 AM »
I recently created a UTF-8 text file using Windows notepad, and I think that I did it in the same way as in previous text files that worked fine  Yet when I go into PM and try to use code replacement the code just stays there like it's a regular word. My Delimeter is the  =  sign and I don't have anything in the Default replacement area.

As an experiment I just tried to use code replacement from last year's sports roster text file - that I know worked - and none of them will work now.

Please post your new file and I'll take a look at it.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DaveG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Not seeing text file
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 12:03:26 PM »
I got it.  I was not adding the second back slash  \ch22      and it should have been \ch22\   It's all good now.