Author Topic: Renaming Catalogs  (Read 1160 times)

Offline mrfearless47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Renaming Catalogs
« on: October 20, 2020, 12:26:58 PM »
Is there any recommended way for renaming catalogs.  "New Catalog" just doesn't do it for me, but I don't want to delete the entire catalog and start over again with a new name if possible.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Renaming Catalogs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 01:53:12 PM »
Is there any recommended way for renaming catalogs.  "New Catalog" just doesn't do it for me, but I don't want to delete the entire catalog and start over again with a new name if possible.

Yes, you can rename an existing catalog.  But it sounds like you did create a new catalog and accepted the default name.  You could have given it the name of your choice right there by typing your desired name.  That said, for an existing catalog that you want to rename:

1) Open the Catalog Management window (Catalog->Manage Catalogs...)
2) In the Local Catalogs section of the Catalog Management window, find the catalog you wish to rename.  Click on the expander triangle to the left of the catalog name.
3) Click on the "Rename" button.
4) A text field will appear with the existing name provided.  Edit/rename as you see fit.  The "Rename" button will become available once you have changed the name.  Click on the "Rename" button to commit the rename, or Cancel to leave the catalog with its existing name.

HTH,

-Kirk