Author Topic: EOS 1Ds  (Read 2807 times)

Offline johnbean

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
EOS 1Ds
« on: April 19, 2007, 08:01:34 PM »
I am using a Canon 1Ds.  This is my first go with PM.  I took a compact flash card that i shot on a job in San Diego, downloaded it to PM 4.5 and the images are all pixalated.  My first night with these images and PM i have had 3 crashes in 1 hour. 

So I have two questions.  Why are these pixelated. Whats up with all the crashing. I am useing A mac G4 laptop with OS 10.4.9 installed 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: EOS 1Ds
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 08:22:18 PM »
John,

I am using a Canon 1Ds.  This is my first go with PM.  I took a compact flash card that i shot on a job in San Diego, downloaded it to PM 4.5 and the images are all pixalated.  My first night with these images and PM i have had 3 crashes in 1 hour. 

So I have two questions.  Why are these pixelated. Whats up with all the crashing. I am useing A mac G4 laptop with OS 10.4.9 installed 

The images are low resolution because the original 1Ds only includes a very small image preview.  You can render the 1Ds TIFF images as RAW if you want since you have Mac OS X 10.4.x.  See the Preferences dialog's RAW tab for settings you can use to turn on RAW rendering.

As for the crashes, I saw your crash report and it looks like Apple's Core Graphics routines didn't like something about your images.  I'll try and dig up one of my 1Ds RAW TIFF files and see if I can find a problem.  If you would like to upload some samples to give me a larger body of images to test with, then please contact me privately for server upload information.

-Kirk