Author Topic: repair {filename} variable  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Marv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
repair {filename} variable
« on: October 21, 2020, 03:50:49 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Can you repair the {filename} variable so that it returns easily readable filenames? For example, instead of returning “Luang Prabang, Laos 20181215 #0118 [grilled frog].jpg”, it returns Luang%20Prabang,%20Laos%2020181215%20%230118%20%5bgrilled%20frog%5d.jpg

Thanks,
Marv

Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 5215

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: repair {filename} variable
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 04:16:14 PM »
Marv,

Can you repair the {filename} variable so that it returns easily readable filenames? For example, instead of returning “Luang Prabang, Laos 20181215 #0118 [grilled frog].jpg”, it returns Luang%20Prabang,%20Laos%2020181215%20%230118%20%5bgrilled%20frog%5d.jpg

Under what circumstances is it doing this?  Is the image that you're displaying that variable part of a catalog search (browse/filter/collection)?

-Kirk

Offline Marv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 05:15:42 AM »
Hi Kirk,

This behavior occurs after I have performed a search of cataloged images, found the desired images, opened a preview of a single image, and then looked at the filename in the Info Text for the image.  (I previously included the {filename} variable to the information using the Edit>Settings>Set Info Text command.)

Thanks,
Marv

MacMini 2018
OS X 10.14.3
PM+ 6.0, build 5215

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 08:59:33 AM »
Marv,

This behavior occurs after I have performed a search of cataloged images, found the desired images, opened a preview of a single image, and then looked at the filename in the Info Text for the image.  (I previously included the {filename} variable to the information using the Edit>Settings>Set Info Text command.)

Do the images that exhibit this behavior have a green or a yellow dot on them in the Contact Sheet view (to the right of the thumbnail title)?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Marv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 11:35:02 AM »
The images have a yellow dot in the contact sheet.  Interestingly enough, if I mount the drive containing the desired images, execute a new search, then look at the info in Info Text, the more human readable form of the filename is present.   

The reason I need to do a new search is that the contact sheet doesn’t seem to update  when a disk is mounted (i.e., the yellow dot does not turn green). Searches performed after the disk is mounted are aware that the disk is present.

Also, if I subsequently unmount the disk, I also lose the easy to read form of the filename.

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 11:59:01 AM »
The images have a yellow dot in the contact sheet.  Interestingly enough, if I mount the drive containing the desired images, execute a new search, then look at the info in Info Text, the more human readable form of the filename is present.   

The reason I need to do a new search is that the contact sheet doesn’t seem to update  when a disk is mounted (i.e., the yellow dot does not turn green). Searches performed after the disk is mounted are aware that the disk is present.

Also, if I subsequently unmount the disk, I also lose the easy to read form of the filename.

Understood, thanks.

-Kirk