Author Topic: Reverse geocoding  (Read 1627 times)

Offline rienvanham

• View Profile
Reverse geocoding
« on: October 22, 2020, 12:07:48 AM »
Hi,

Most of my pictures are made on bike-holidays. A GPS-track is made by my iPhone and the data is later added to my pictures. Until now I'm using several apps to do a "reverse geocoding" so that location, city etc. is added to my pictures. The strange thing is that several apps give different results. PhotMechanic puts the "housenumber" into the location where that should be the actual location. e.g. I live in location "Veghel", city "Meijerijstad" but it fills in city "Meijerijstad" and in Location "65" (my housenumber). Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Reverse geocoding
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 08:02:02 AM »
Most of my pictures are made on bike-holidays. A GPS-track is made by my iPhone and the data is later added to my pictures. Until now I'm using several apps to do a "reverse geocoding" so that location, city etc. is added to my pictures. The strange thing is that several apps give different results. PhotMechanic puts the "housenumber" into the location where that should be the actual location. e.g. I live in location "Veghel", city "Meijerijstad" but it fills in city "Meijerijstad" and in Location "65" (my housenumber). Any idea how to fix this?

We have to fix it.  You are doing nothing wrong on your end that can be corrected.

-Kirk

Offline rienvanham

• View Profile
Re: Reverse geocoding
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 10:12:04 AM »
Thank you Kirk!