Author Topic: Rename Photo summarily adding sequence number  (Read 1737 times)

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rename Photo summarily adding sequence number
« on: October 22, 2020, 04:58:35 AM »
I am using the Rename Photo function for the first time in a while using the variable string I've always used. However, it is suddenly adding a constant '01' to the end of every resulting filename string. It's not sequencing- every image filename has '01' appended. The string I'm using is {dats}-{tmsl}-D{model:7,2} and getting {dats}-{tmsl}-D{model:7,2}01.

...Bill
...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rename Photo summarily adding sequence number
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 09:03:51 AM »
Bill,

I am using the Rename Photo function for the first time in a while using the variable string I've always used. However, it is suddenly adding a constant '01' to the end of every resulting filename string. It's not sequencing- every image filename has '01' appended. The string I'm using is {dats}-{tmsl}-D{model:7,2} and getting {dats}-{tmsl}-D{model:7,2}01.

Check your Renaming method in the Files section of the Photo Mechanic Plus Preferences dialog.  I think you'll find that you have it set to Always append digits (01, 02, 03) so choose one of the other options that only append when needed.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Rename Photo summarily adding sequence number
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 09:19:52 AM »
I think you'll find that you have it set to Always append digits (01, 02, 03)

Oh for crying out loud. I suspected something like that and went through Preferences- but somehow missed it. Too early- not enough coffee. Thanks, Kirk.
...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.