Author Topic: PhotoMechanic Plus does not edit specific file in Liminar  (Read 1557 times)

Offline gardenway

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PhotoMechanic Plus does not edit specific file in Liminar
« on: October 22, 2020, 08:28:14 AM »
Hi,

I configured PhotoMechanic to use Luminar as its photo editor, but when I edit from PhotoMechanic, Luminar opens in the last folder visited, not the desired photo.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you!!!

John

Luminar:  4.3.0
PMP:  version 6, 5215

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic Plus does not edit specific file in Liminar
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 09:00:59 AM »
John,

I configured Photo Mechanic to use Luminar as its photo editor, but when I edit from Photo Mechanic, Luminar opens in the last folder visited, not the desired photo.

I suggest trying drag and drop instead.  Some applications don't work well via the "Edit" command in Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline gardenway

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PhotoMechanic Plus does not edit specific file in Liminar
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 02:51:12 PM »
Thank you, @Kirk.  I tried dragging and dropping to no avail.

I tried launching Luminar from the command line using the full path to the raw file to be edited, and this worked.  I am wondering if there is a way to trace the call that PMP is issuing so start Luminar with the filename so that I can debug this?

john

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PhotoMechanic Plus does not edit specific file in Liminar
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 02:57:06 PM »
Thank you, @Kirk.  I tried dragging and dropping to no avail.

I tried launching Luminar from the command line using the full path to the raw file to be edited, and this worked.  I am wondering if there is a way to trace the call that PMP is issuing so start Luminar with the filename so that I can debug this?

Photo Mechanic uses the macOS-provided "Launch Services" to send a file to an application when you use the Edit command.  There is no 'command line' launch facility.

-Kirk