Author Topic: PM and PM+ Trial at same time?  (Read 2005 times)

Offline rex176

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM and PM+ Trial at same time?
« on: October 23, 2020, 03:38:10 AM »
I've got PM6 and would like to try the PM6+ trial.

Does PM+ install beside PM6 (like PM6 installed beside PM5), and if the PM6+ doesn't win me over, I can just uninstall it?

Or does the PM6+ trial install on top of PM6 and when the trial period is over, everything stops working?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM and PM+ Trial at same time?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 08:29:59 AM »
I've got PM6 and would like to try the PM6+ trial.

Does PM+ install beside PM6 (like PM6 installed beside PM5), and if the PM6+ doesn't win me over, I can just uninstall it?

Or does the PM6+ trial install on top of PM6 and when the trial period is over, everything stops working?

You can run PM6 and the Photo Mechanic Plus trial at the same time.  Though, depending on what build of PM6 you have when the trial ends, your experience will be one of two:

1) If your PM6 build is older than 5216 then at the end of the trial, PM6 will say that the trial has expired.  Going through the activation process with your existing license will restore normal function.
2) If your PM6 build is 5216 or newer, PM6 will continue to function in its normal manner after the Photo Mechanic Plus trial ends.

For the smoothest experience I suggest getting the latest build of PM6 and then begin your Photo Mechanic Plus trial.

-Kirk

Offline rex176

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 03:54:02 PM »
Perfect. Thank you!

Offline charsage

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 09:24:40 AM »
I had the exact same question and your answer is perfect. Thank you!