Author Topic: Open Contact Sheet with Designated Sort Order  (Read 1899 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Open Contact Sheet with Designated Sort Order
« on: October 23, 2020, 05:25:13 PM »
I am using PM6+ build 5216 on a Mac running iOS Catalina 10.15.7.

I have certain folders on my HD that I use for specific purposes. In this case, I put cropped and sized images that meet posting guidelines for specific on-line forums. When I do a "Save as..." using preset, it sends the modified image to the folder and opens that folder as a contact sheet. Works perfect, and I've been doing this for years.

The contact sheet defaults to sorting the images by Filename in ascending order. I always change that to sort by Modification Time in reverse order so the newest images are first. Is there are way to get PM to open the contact sheet with the desired for order, rather than default to Filename? I tried an arrangement, but that seems to only show the images that were present when the arrangement was made, not including any new images, plus I still need to select "Arrangement" from the drop down list.

Offline Bob

• View Profile
Re: Open Contact Sheet with Designated Sort Order
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 05:49:14 PM »
In prefs: Contact sheet there is a Default sorting method:   Is that what you are seeking?

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 07:03:24 AM »
Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I want to be able to set a default sort of a specific folder's contact sheet, not change globally all contact sheets.

PM has a feature the if you place a file called PMIngestIgnore in a folder, it will ignore that folder. Perhaps there could be a file PMSortOrder that could be placed in a folder that would set a default Contact Sheet sort order for that specific folder.

Offline Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 07:28:20 AM »
Ah, I see, I thought that you wouldn't have missed that:)  Makes sense if possible. Sort by capture time is the slowest, unbearably so for a very large folder, so I avoid it, but it's also desired on some small folders so I change it there as needed. Having a default married to a specific folder would be nice.