Author Topic: Seperate file types into different folders  (Read 1394 times)

Offline meinernbalmboy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Seperate file types into different folders
« on: October 26, 2020, 06:25:49 PM »
Hi everyone. Im a new user here and very happy to come across this amazing software. its already solved one issue i had had with playmemories which was importing into a certain dateformat. awful program.

Now, I'm not sure if this can be done but I'm wanting to injest RAW files into one folder and MOV into a totally separate folder. Ive heard its possible but still struggling to get my head around the variables. If anyone knows how to do this please tell me as if you think I'm an idiot and ill follow it to the letter  ;D ;D

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Seperate file types into different folders
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 06:47:58 PM »
Hi everyone. Im a new user here and very happy to come across this amazing software. its already solved one issue i had had with playmemories which was importing into a certain dateformat. awful program.

Now, I'm not sure if this can be done but I'm wanting to injest RAW files into one folder and MOV into a totally separate folder. Ive heard its possible but still struggling to get my head around the variables. If anyone knows how to do this please tell me as if you think I'm an idiot and ill follow it to the letter  ;D ;D

You should be able to use the {mediatype} variable which will evaluate to "still" for your RAW files, and "video" for your video files.  If you don't like those names, you can use Code Replacement to translate those names to names of your choosing.

You can read about Code Replacement here: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000223660-introduction-to-code-replacements-in-photo-mechanic

If you need more help please let me know.

-Kirk