Author Topic: Moving to Windows, what to expect from PM?  (Read 1786 times)

Offline wdp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Moving to Windows, what to expect from PM?
« on: October 26, 2020, 06:58:37 PM »
After two years of internal debate, my iMac was just causing me more bottlenecks than it was worth and the price of a modern Mac just isn't worth it to me for a workstation anymore, so I am in the process of moving to Windows...

What differences should I expect and do I need to keep in mind between Photo Mechanic on Mac vs Windows?

First thing I noticed, no selected counters on the folder/tabs.

and I can't find a way to apply my metadata template to items selected in multiple tabs, at least not like the mac with the counters.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Moving to Windows, what to expect from PM?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 07:15:33 PM »
After two years of internal debate, my iMac was just causing me more bottlenecks than it was worth and the price of a modern Mac just isn't worth it to me for a workstation anymore, so I am in the process of moving to Windows...

What differences should I expect and do I need to keep in mind between Photo Mechanic on Mac vs Windows?

First thing I noticed, no selected counters on the folder/tabs.

and I can't find a way to apply my metadata template to items selected in multiple tabs, at least not like the mac with the counters.

I'm not sure how you can get one application of the Metadata Template to apply to multiple tabs on macOS?  It should only ever work with the selected items in the front-most contact sheet tab.

The major differences are that the Windows version doesn't have a "Spotlight Search" and cannot play video in the Preview window.  Beyond those two differences the rest are going to mostly be cosmetic.

-Kirk