Author Topic: PM capatability with Luminar4  (Read 2936 times)

Offline rarebird

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM capatability with Luminar4
« on: November 10, 2020, 05:20:16 PM »
Hello

Thinking of switching from Adobe LR to Skylum Luminar4 but wanting to know if PM files can be copied over into Luminar4 the same as into LR please>

I use Windows 10.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM capatability with Luminar4
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 05:33:51 PM »
Thinking of switching from Adobe LR to Skylum Luminar4 but wanting to know if PM files can be copied over into Luminar4 the same as into LR please>

I'm not sure what you mean by "PM files"?  Photo Mechanic does not have its own image file format, it works with existing image file formats (JPEG, CR2, CR3, NEF, DNG, etc.)

-Kirk

Offline rarebird

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 07:22:03 PM »
Okay. I mean that I currently copy my RAW image files from PM into LR to open and process through Control A and then Copy/Move so wanting to know if I can do the same or similar procedure in Luminar4.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 07:36:51 PM »
Okay. I mean that I currently copy my RAW image files from PM into LR to open and process through Control A and then Copy/Move so wanting to know if I can do the same or similar procedure in Luminar4.

I actually don't know the answer to your question.  I do not have any Luminar version.  Do they offer a trial version so you can try it for yourself?

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 03:58:12 PM »
Side note:  We have asked Skylum for documentation on their .lmnr format (multiple times) to no avail.   As a result, if you edit an image in Luminar, and save your edits in that format, unfortunately PM won't be even able to show a thumbnail.  Might not be a dealbreaker, but just letting you know.
Mick O
Camera Bits